+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Primary IVF Graduates-Beyond and Besides the BFP #2

Oh, he is THE little man @ABG79! How adorable! Lenny is the perfect bundle too, our bubs are all gorgeous.

Oh hun, sending you the biggest cyber hugs. It is very tough. I have had a few meltdowns myself. I mean, I knew it was going to be tough but you really get hit by all that happens! I still struggle with anxiety in week 9 so don't feel guilty. We are now all on this roller coaster journey together. I'm sure @tjuls and @clucky14 can offer precious advice too being mums already but from what everyone says, things will eventually get better so I am hoping for that. There are times I feel that things are way too hard and there is no towel to throw in and then I feel guilty for even thinking that so you are not alone at all. I have lost count of the number of times I have cried. It's tough when we are on our own. If only we all lived in the same village! Hop on here whenever you need to, we are here for you hun. I honestly don't know how I pull myself together - you just do because your LO depends on you so it's survival instincts I guess. Sleep deprivation doesn't help at all but don't feel alone in this because you are not.

Hang in there hun and take one day at a time.

Xoxo

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-02-2017),Maz40  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh all these little babies are gorgeous !!!! Very very cute hope everyone is doing well! It's definitely tough work that's for sure. I struggled with the first that's for sure and we also had marriage issues too which caused me and dh to seperate for 6 months. I think it was a huge shock for us both having our first. I stressed about every little cry then felt like I had to maintain everything at home also with a baby that hardly ever slept and constantly vomited with little support I had no one to help me at all. It's definitely hard work but it does get easier ! I've told myself and hubby this time for bub 2 I want to try relax more and not stress over every single thing. I guess it just comes with being a first time mum we worry a lot and I guess the not knowing what to always do is difficult but all you can do is do your best and learn from it. I'm hoping this time with our second we learn to be calmer and not stress so much. The sleep deprivation is hard work mentally exhausting don't do what I did and tried to do everything round the house when the baby slept I really regret that I didn't nap more. Ah baby two will be here in 6 weeks I'm about to do it all over againπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

4. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @clucky14, thanks for sharing your story. That must have been so tough! You are so so brave and I'm so glad everything's worked out for you now. It is quite a shock I agree, even though you have been mentally prepared for 9 months. I also have had to learn to let things go and just do the minimum. Thankfully my DH is very supportive and a huge help so I am very grateful for it. It a doubly tough when you are home alone with the baby, I can't wait for Jamie to grow up a little more so that things get a bit easier.

wisdoms from a mum indeed and I hope things will be smoother and alot easier for you second time round. I can't imagine having #2 just yet!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tagging @tjuls on this new thread to reply. Hop on over hun!

We will certainly be bringing some extra formula back just in case but I might try to get a referral to see a PD who looks at allergies when I get back so that we can get to the bottom of it all and try to nip the problem. Novalac has just introduced a new formula last October called Novalac Allergy made of rice based protein for CMPA/I. I'm really crossing my fingers that it will work for Jamie so am hoping to get some advice from the PD as well.

I really admire you and @clucky14. I can't fathom having #2 at all. I have frosties still and had planned / wanted #2 but right now things are so overwhelming that it's put me right off the idea. Lol. Maybe I will change my mind later but I think I'll take a while to recover from it all. :P

Hope you ladies are feeling better @onedaymaybebaby and @ABG79 and @OneOfTheseDays! Sending love your way! Xoxo
    Hope Princess Sophie is doing well too @MissTilly!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for tagging me in here @VickyP. I missed the mod's msg about the new post oops!

Thanks
    Reviews
    In between the fussiness and crying, Jamie brought out his best weapon just yet. At 9 weeks, he's giving us real smiles now.... *heart melted*
    Attached Images

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-02-2017),tjuls  (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nawwww.. he is so gorgeous I cod pinch his cheeks! @VickyP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote:

[@tjuls thanks lovely. I've been feeling so guilty for being blue, when I should be so bloody happy we finally have our gorgeous boy. I'Ve felt like I'm struggling and been panicking about everything. The past few days I've cried so much, and hoping it passes soon. I'm so anxious about everything .. and hoping my confidence as a mum grows. He cried for so long this morning as he has terrible wind and I felt terrible not being able to calm him. I'm having issues with breastfeeding - he's not getting enough so topping up with formula.. so feeding times have been another challenge.
    I feel like such a whinger, i just didn't think it would be this hard. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to be more present and try and just enjoy every moment as he won't be this little for long!]

Oh @ABG79.. you are a wonderful mum hun. You are doing ur very best and you're definitely not a whinger!
    It's hard work but each passing day will be better.
    Have you tried giving Lenny Infants Friend? It will help with the wind. I found it's more effective than Infacol or other homeopathic remedies.
    I know it's hard but keep persisting with the Bf. Try offering at shorter intervals to stimulate ur milk production. It's all supply and demand. If u increase the demand, the supply will increase as well.
    So try offering every 1-2 HR to increase ur milk.

I read an article from Karen ( she was the nurse that helped us with DS)
    https://www.nurtureparenting.com.au/...leep-problems/

It seems boys have more problems with sleep and feeding than girls

If you ladies need her contact, let me know. She is a life saver on everything baby -feeding, baby sleeping, baby on solids etc. She is brilliant! We couldn't have don't it without her.

I hope all you ladies having a hard time get some relief soon. It breaks my heart to hear you go through this because I know what it was like.
    Xo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs @ABG79! You are definitely not a whinger and I feel the exact same way as you do! It's very tough and when support is gone, it doubles the stress. I know exactly how you feel so you are not alone. I had problems with milk supply too and have been doing formula top ups too coupled that with formula allergy/intolerance so it's double whammy. Plus Jamie has silent reflux too. Don't feel like you need to be the perfect mum. It's impossible to do everything perfectly and you just learn along the way. You are already a super mumma and you are doing your best and nobody can fault you for that. And Lenny is lucky to have you as mum.

For wind, we have been using simethecone drops when it gets really bad. It's safe and makes him fart more easily.

That said, now that I have switched formula, he's farting alot less so maybe the gas had to do with his allergy.

Thanks for sharing @tjuls. You are always so generous. That article is very interesting and what a blog. I will certainly want to call on Karen's services sometime when I feel I need help coping.

Hugs all round...the tough journey continues..... xoxo

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-02-2017),tjuls  (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, how's everyone doing?
    @clucky14, how are the feet? It's been so warm and I am always thinking of you and your poor feet. Hope they aren't too painful. Did you get to speak to the DR about it? Hugs.
    @tjuls, how is Hobart? The weather must be a nice respite from the horribly hot days in Sydney.

How are our new mummies doing @ABG79, @OneOfTheseDays and @onedaymaybebaby? It's a whirlwind the first few weeks and I still can't believe that 9 weeks gone by for me. I am thinking beyond the 4 weeks of paid maternity leave wondering what's going to happen next. Anxiety never ends! :P

Jamie is much better now. The change in formula has made a world of difference. He cries less in the day, is calmer and more settled and giving me more smiles. I just love the fact that he can do his social smiles now. My heart melts each time he smiles at me. He seems much happier, thank goodness. We aren't all in the clear yet - he's still having watery stools after 4 days of the new formula and silent reflux is still there. The Dr gave us new samples of Similac formula to try today so we will see how we go. The quest for the right formula continues! Poor little tike! I just thankful it only took us 2 months to figure out what's wrong and we didn't just brush it off thinking things will get better by month 3.

I have also switched medication from maxolon to motilium for milk supply and I'm no longer getting crazy mood swings and my emotions are more in check, thank goodness! Still trying to build milk supply but Jamie seems to be taking less formula now so maybe I have more milk for him now.

Things are looking better now though Leap 2 of the wonder weeks starts tomorrow. Yikes.

Thinking of you ladies. Xoxo