+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    When you say issues have they been asked to start washing their hands?
    We have mentioned it to the management of their company, but we can't be sure how it has been addressed with the individuals.

The property management have signs up everywhere in the bathroom.

None of us feel comfortable saying something to them directly, so we just rewash our hands a second time once we get back into our office as to get out of the bathroom we have to touch the door they have touched.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanabananah For This Useful Post:

yadot  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    Gross. Sooo gross!

I see people often when in public toilets leaving the cubicle and heading straight out the door. Wtf!

Where possible, I always use paper towel to open the door of public toilets and then bin the paper towel.

People can be so gross!
    I do that too. Especially if it's a shared/unisex door to the toilets. All those men using the toilet then not washing afterwards. Going on to use shopping trolleys... door handles... ugh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Eww!
    Same goes for people changing nappies and then not washing their hands 😵

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gross! We wash hands after toileting, on returning home from shops, before eating etc etc.
    My MIL owns a cafe and won't let her staff wear their aprons to the toilet, says it's a health hazard and rolls her eyes when she sees other food prep employees come out of the toilets in their aprons lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    Gross! We wash hands after toileting, on returning home from shops, before eating etc etc.
    My MIL owns a cafe and won't let her staff wear their aprons to the toilet, says it's a health hazard and rolls her eyes when she sees other food prep employees come out of the toilets in their aprons lol!
    Yes! I always feel sick when I'm in a shopping centre and workers from the food court come in in their apron! I think this is one of the reasons I hate food courts and never eat in them

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As a nurse/midwife this makes me shudder. Hand hygiene is one of the biggest (and simplest) things we can do to stop transmission of things like colds/flus/gastro etc. I wash my hands thoroughly after using the loo and carry hand sanitizer in my bag. If I visit a public toilet without soap, it's the first thing I do when I get outside - dig out the hand sanitizer (or ask DH to do it). I even have a pump of hand sanitizer in the door of my car. When I load groceries into the car, after filling up with petrol, if I get drive through and want to eat while I'm driving etc it's always there. I'm possibly a bit OTT, but not OCD about it. I think it's because I've seen how easily germs can spread and I don't want to be responsible for that. Also working in a cancer ward for a few years you get to be pretty fastidious about hand hygiene!!!

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (06-02-2017),gingermillie  (06-02-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (06-02-2017),michellead  (07-02-2017),rosey82  (06-02-2017),Tinkers  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    Yes! I always feel sick when I'm in a shopping centre and workers from the food court come in in their apron! I think this is one of the reasons I hate food courts and never eat in them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    As a nurse/midwife this makes me shudder. Hand hygiene is one of the biggest (and simplest) things we can do to stop transmission of things like colds/flus/gastro etc. I wash my hands thoroughly after using the loo and carry hand sanitizer in my bag. If I visit a public toilet without soap, it's the first thing I do when I get outside - dig out the hand sanitizer (or ask DH to do it). I even have a pump of hand sanitizer in the door of my car. When I load groceries into the car, after filling up with petrol, if I get drive through and want to eat while I'm driving etc it's always there. I'm possibly a bit OTT, but not OCD about it. I think it's because I've seen how easily germs can spread and I don't want to be responsible for that. Also working in a cancer ward for a few years you get to be pretty fastidious about hand hygiene!!!
    This is me too! And the big one for me is alcohol gel after dropping/picking up dd from childcare
    I am such a germophobe (I used to work in communicable disease control!). I have alcohol gel in my office, car and DDs room and I carry a pack of alcohol wipes in my bag and wipe down the trolley handles, trolley seat and seatbelt before I put dd in the trolley at the shops.
    On the op yes it is gross. Any visit to the bathroom requires hand washing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Eeep, I couldn't imagine anyone disagreeing that is it gross!

I'm a bit ott with cleanliness, so the thought of this just wigs me out and I don't understand how something that takes so little time, but which could save you from gastro, a cold, flu or a myriad of other nasties isn't worth your time.

Handwashing all the way here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    To add to this train of thought....

I've never understood people who can go to a supermarket, push around a filthy trolley that a MILLION people have touched and not wash their hands as soon as they get home!

I wash my hands before I even get the groceries out of the car!!!
    Do you wash them again after? 'cause the bags would have the germs on them from before you washed your hands