+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Seoul View Post
    If she has a 28 day cycle day one will fall on the same weekday each time. I would have thought it would be very common? I wasn't on the pill but I was so regular that mine was like that for years, always on a Thursday night.
    I thought that too. You can still have bad periods and be regular. If she was it would fall on the same day.

Not saying it's legit or not, who knows, but it is possible it's true.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Before I was diagnosed with PCOS I spent years having the most painful, heavy, unpredictable periods. I would soak through maxi pads in half an hour and would bleed for months on end. The pain as the cysts erupted was right up there with labour pains, sometimes I thought I would pass out.

I was at uni at the time and had to attend pracs and internships, no option for time off, so I would dose myself up on painkillers and wear double maxi pads and carry a whole stash plus spare undies in my bag and hope for the best. If I was working and had the option to call in sick I would have.

I'm not saying that woman isn't being dishonest I'm just saying from my experience it's definitely possible to have such bad pain that you need to call in sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was a teenager I used to get the worst leg pain during my periods. Couldn't stand, couldn't sit, couldn't lie. Had to take massive painkillers just to get a slight bit of relief. And this was the first day, every month. Back then I was pretty regular so on a 28 day cycle, I totally would have had the same day off each month.

After I had DS I wouldn't get much pain but I would bleed heavily for the first day or two. So heavily that during the day I would soak through two maternity pads in the space of an hour or so and have to put towels down wherever I sat. There is no way I could go to work like that.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's absolutely possible. The same day would be likely if she has a 28 day cycle.
    In high school, I would end up having a sick day or spend most of the day in the sick bay.
    Op does your work place request evidence such as a medical certificate?
    At our work place we get up to 5 occasions of sick leave without requiring a certificate. Any more than that and we require evidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally possible. I have PCO and although I only get af 2-3 times a year I am bedridden for the first two days. I literally cannot get up. Doped to the kills on painkillers and comatose

My sister was the same except she was regular as clockwork - like almost to the hour! She had a tubal ligation in the hope of stopping it and now suffers with TLS but that's a whole other thread.

So I would say unfortunately for her it is definitely possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    absolutely possible, especially if on the pill, her cycle will always start on the same day, every 4 weeks. poor thing, mustn't be nice to be in so much pain every time

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cycle always seems to start on a Friday and I used to have really heavy bleeding and massive pain. The number of Friday's I would call in sick was enough that I got pulled aside by my supervisor to have a chat. Once I explained my whole story with my pcos she was totally understanding, and knew that I was for real.

These days if I get a bad month I work from home. No sick leave used and I'm more productive from home, even running to the look every 30 mins and wanting to die from the pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have period pain that is debilitating but I'm on the pill and it starts every Wednesday every month, cramps start in the middle of Tuesday night.