+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All fab ideas above

Just keep in mind I think it's meant to be high 30's almost 40 degrees on the weekend so some indoor options Prob aren't a bad idea.

Mini Q at Questacon is fab (take a spare outfit as kids always get wet in the water play bit), play up at old Parliament House is great I recently took my 3 year old. Lots to do at Gold Creek village, there's a sweet little ice cream shop there too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second gold creek, cafe injoy and the arboretum play ground. As you are on the Southside, hogsbreath at Woden is great with little ones...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Agree with all of the above boundless is a great park for energiser bunnies - fully fenced!!

The NGA has a fantastic new play area (currently Versailles themed) with lots of hands on activities - it's across the road from Questacon so you could do both.

Dh and I like to go to Koko Black in Civic as a treat. It's good coffee and a chocolate teddy bear pop keeps DS2 happy while we enjoy a moment of peace (can also highly recommend the chocolate Alchemy Gateau ).
    Thank you!
    Boundless looks incredible lol DS would love it there! No escaping is a plus hahaha

I'll have a look at NGA hands on is DS kinda thing lol

Oh my! Koko black looks incredible!!! Thanks for the recommendation hehe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    Gold Creek is great for kids, at 3 my son loved the dinosaur museum. We practically lived at the Reptile Zoo which is also there, it's small but very hands on and the staff are wonderful with little ones. Cockington Green and the Walk in Aviary are also fun for kids and adults. Cafe Injoy is very basic food wise but does have a small fenced in playground and a pond with fish.

Mini Q at Questacon is always a hit, not too far away is a fish and chip joint called Snapper which is underneath the Yacht Club, the fish is great and there is lots of space to run around.
    We took DS to the reptile zoo last time we were in Canberra for a visit he loved it! Me.. well I'm scared of frogs and goannas haha DS did really love it though.

Oh I forgot all about cockington green. Haven't been there in years and years. DS might enjoy the aviary as well.

I didn't know (or remember I guess) about mini q! That looks incredible! DS would go nuts in there lol
    Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona424 View Post
    The arboretum playground is amazing!!! And there is a cafe there too... view is spectacular!!! Your 3yr old would love it!!!
    Oh I do remember that playground. Never taken DS there but he would love it. Thanks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    All these ideas are making me feel like planning a trip to Canberra!!
    Hahaha I never realised how many things there were to do with kids in Canberra. I do love Canberra. You'll need to plan a trip lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    All fab ideas above

Just keep in mind I think it's meant to be high 30's almost 40 degrees on the weekend so some indoor options Prob aren't a bad idea.

Mini Q at Questacon is fab (take a spare outfit as kids always get wet in the water play bit), play up at old Parliament House is great I recently took my 3 year old. Lots to do at Gold Creek village, there's a sweet little ice cream shop there too.
    That is a very very good point! It is going to be extremely hot. I think mini q is at the top of our list. Oh yes spare clothes! Thanks! I probably would of left majority in the car lol
    What is the ice cream shop called at Gold Creek? Can never say no to ice cream lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deskar View Post
    I second gold creek, cafe injoy and the arboretum play ground. As you are on the Southside, hogsbreath at Woden is great with little ones...
    Thanks!
    Ha I always was a Southside girl. Never changes haha. Haven't been to hogs breath in years

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone been to the zoo recently? How long do you think it will take to get around? Obviously allowing time to look at things. I'm just trying to work out a good time to leave home and organise (roughly our afternoon) Takes us about 2 and a half - 3 hours to get there.

I haven't been there in so many years so have no idea what to expect with the extensions that were done. Is food reasonably priced there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were there about 6 months ago with dd. From memory we spent somewhere between 2 & 3 hours there. We didn't eat there so I'm not sure about food costs, sorry.