ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Is 3 really out numbered

We have two amazing kids ( 2 year gap). We wanted a large family but now we have the two we're not sure. I'm worried a 3rd will be a 3rd wheel and dramatically change dynamics. Any hints advise wisdom?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not in my experience I found having the first child a breeze, & #2 was a huge adjustment. #3 was an absolute breeze again 😊 I had a 4 and 2 y.o when number 3 was born & they played together, the oldest could grab food out of the fridge for her or her sister while I was feeding the baby, & was responsible enough to walk nicely at the shops etc - so I didn't ever feel 'outnumbered'. I think a lot depends on the personality of the kids though - my #1 is very responsible and helpful. # 2 is impossibly difficult 😂 and has been since the day she was born. #3 is just easygoing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We thought we had our sh!t together with two children. We thought we had it all figured out! They were 3 years apart and things were great. Then when DS was 8 months we fell pregnant with DS2. He's almost 4 now, DS1 started prep this year and it's finally becoming easier.

3 children was a huge adjustment for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt the biggest adjustment for us was 0-1 child. 1-2 was still a shock in terms of workload, and 2-3 was the easiest adjustment, but crazytown. There is a 5yr age gap between 1&2 and a 2 year age gap between 2&3. Having an older one makes life a lot easier. Even though I wasnt sold on #1 or #2 or #3 to start with I cant imagine not having my 3 now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends on a lot of factors... age gaps and personality etc. I had 2 years between 1 & 2 then almost 5 years between 2 & 3. He big Gap was because #2 was more challenging and it wasn't until she settled down and things got a bit easier that we felt ready for #3. Having the big gaps makes things easier as they are happy to entertain themselves which allows me to deal with the very clingy toddler I have at the moment. I don't find juggling the 3 difficult, but I do still find dealing with #2's attitude difficult lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shebes For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you ever feel #3 is left out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love having 3. I really feel number 3 completed us, and that feeling is priceless.

I dont think my number 3 is left out, but he is only 14 months old. We have a larger gap between our older two as well so that probably helps. It will be interesting to see how the dynamics shift as they get older.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two girls 3.5 and 6.5 with #3 on the way due very soon. So all mine will be roughly 3 years apart. I guess it will depend on many factors, but so far I know both girls will fight over bub - they are very maternal.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is 3 really out numbered

Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Do you ever feel #3 is left out?
    I agree with another poster, it's about age gaps and the personality of the children as well. For us, #1 was left out a lot more. #2 and #3 are 17 months apart. Both are extremely high maintenance children. #2 has SPD and is prone to meltdowns. #3 has a very clingy personality, even at almost 4 he always just wants me.