+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @seasalt, okay thank you. That could be the difference. If this doesn't stick I guess this will be the protocol for a FET. No scan ordered which is a worry! No bloods either? I really don't want to play FS but geesh! You really have to be your own patient advocate, no one is going to do it for you. Wishing you all the best for Wednesday.
    @Silkentofu my guess is as good as yours! When I googled what pregnyl was for it was for a trigger, so I'm all very confused and all very trusting. Let's hope our beautiful embies do well over the weekend and all goes to plan on Monday. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @augieandaddie, I used pregnyl on the same schedule after iui. Nurse said it was to trick your body into thinking it's pregnant so it preps for it haha.

Im so nervous about how the embies are doing! Does your lab give you much information? I've read how some labs grade them and tell you how many cells etc but mine did none of that. Though probably a good thing, less things to worry about! Best of luck for Monday 😁

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET March/April 2017

@Silkentofu I heard from them today, they let you know how many fertilised on day one, then update on day 3, then you wait until day 5. They transfer to
    A different solution between day one and three so the lab isn't able to tell you anything on day two! I was just happy to hear we still had all thee in the mix but forget to ask for a grade. They were all doing their thing, slightly different. 6,8,10 cells respectively. God knows what that means but lab wants them to be at 8 cells by day three. So not sure with one being slow one being too fast and one just right. Kind of like goldilocks and three bears! I would have liked to have seen pictures so I could have dr googled them to see how they compared to the grade a. Oh well. One more full day. I'll just have to wait! But I find asking questions helps me to feel not so much in control but just a bit more understanding of the process - knowledge is power as the odds are I'll have to go through another round. This being my first round so I really don't know the questions until after... which is where the clinic is great because I requested to speak to the embryologist... they are scientists but with big hearts and lots of patience! Don't be afraid to ask! I always put my requests in writing and they seem to be followed up quickly. I'm so worried I'm going to break the pregnyl capsules! I did during practice, my egg pick up was under local yet I walked away with quite the war wound after breaking the glass vile resulting in shards of glass in my fingers!
    Last edited by augieandaddie; 08-04-2017 at 23:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @augieandaddie ooh your embies are travelling along nicely hehe! Yeap our scientists just called and said all the eggs are developing well and doing what they're supposed to on days 1 and 3 but didn't go into too much details.

Ooh yea good point about pictures! Do they normally give them out? Maybe on day 5? I'd like to have one just as a keepsake! Will ask on Monday

Ouch... My husband cut his finger with the pregnyl vial too so I did it after haha. I think the trick is that it's a lot more fragile than you think so don't pinch it too hard or use too much force! Cover the top with the alcohol wipe, thumb on where the dot and just a little pressure will do. Good luck@
    Last edited by Silkentofu; 08-04-2017 at 22:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha @Silkentofu thanks for the safety handling advice. I don't know why these things have to be so lethal? I sure hope the three bears are travelling along nicely. We have undiagnosed infertility so I hope it's not an implantation or immunity problem. I'm learning so much about killer cells ☠️ and all things horrific. I'd be a fool to think that was going to be easy, but oh I hope it's going to be easy. I'm so excited for transfer... may the power of positive thought be with us both on Monday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, three bears. That's such a cute nickname @augieandaddie. I really hope one of the bears is just right for you on Monday and it's a smooth and easy ride

I'm undiagnosed too, frustrating isn't it? I wish I knew what's wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies what do I do? I'm so worried of another transferred cycle failure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cag14 View Post
    Ladies what do I do? I'm so worried of another transferred cycle failure
    Awww I feel for you!!! What's wrong Hun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mags83- read into NKC and am freaking that that may be the reason it's not working. Trying to work out what I should do another transfer or wait do the test then move forward? I only have till December until work won't let me continue at the stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cag14 View Post
    @mags83- read into NKC and am freaking that that may be the reason it's not working. Trying to work out what I should do another transfer or wait do the test then move forward? I only have till December until work won't let me continue at the stage.
    I sound so dumb what is NKC Hun? Awww this journey really sucks. I have another beta to do tomorrow and from a beta of 24 I don't see a miracle happening