ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Sorry I have been so quiet on here, life just gets busy. Work is busy, and I'm trying to tie some loose ends so I can have some days off over my EPU and ET without getting behind. Trying to catch up on everyone's journeys so far. Congrats to all those who have got positive BTs!! And huge hugs to those who got negatives, it's really heartbreaking I know.

AFM I have continued my Synarel nasal spray, and up to day 8 of Gonal-f 450IU (dose is so high I know, my prev cycle I was on 225IU...anyone else been on such a high dose?) I have my BT and U/sound on Friday (2 days) to find out when my EPU will be. So fingers crossed my ovaries are producing some good quality follicles . We have also switched our cycle to the ICSI with HA (thanks @Wishnhope and others for info about this, I am optimistic it will be helpful to us). Hubby has low sperm count and motility, so it would make sense to do the HA cycle to make sure only mature sperm is being used to fertilise.

I was reading some discussion about it being hard to deal with preg announcements whilst going through all this. I totally agree. As much as you are happy for your preg friend, it is a reminder of the pain of infertility and/or past preg loss. I find it challenging being around someone young and preg with no idea of what infertility feels like, esp since my miscarriage in dec last year. I try and unfollow preg friends on social media (not because of jealousy or resentfulness) just so that I'm not confronted with it in my face all the time. I have found this helpful. It's good to focus on your own journey, and not be constantly reading about everyone else's happy preg stories and baby photos. I have learnt to protect myself a little in that way but still maintain friendships in real life but not overdo it. It's hard to find that balance. Certainly don't want to isolate yourself in all this too, but good to have some space.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lozz91 For This Useful Post:

alittlebitofadiva  (23-03-2017),pops  (23-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoReady View Post
    Great numbers, fingers crossed for good news. How are you feeling with that many? Any signs of OHSS?
    Thanks. I am really sore. Been taking panadeine/forte every 4 hours. At lot worse when I move. I am very bloated too, much more than before. Not got much of an appetite but so far ok without issues with nausea and vom. My FS started me on cabergoline for 8 days from tonight's to help prevent ohss, and I will not have any fresh transfers, freeze all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cag14 View Post
    @morganleroy that's great numbers I got that last time and only had 1 tested ok from PGD
    Oh cag14 sorry to hear. I think they will do pgd on ours too as they are all freeze. Fingers crossed for a few embryos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Amandamoo, thanks. Will do. No, freeze all cycle as my risk of ohss is too high: my e2 was 30000+ or something crazy. So transfer next month. I'm ok with that as really don't want to get sick.

Goodluck for your cycle. I used to live in Brisbane and heard wazza is the miracle worker! Fingers crossed for you.
    @tm27 I am sorry that sucks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to morganleroy For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feelinghopeful80 View Post
    Do any of you ladies lose brown blood after transfers. I normally do after a few days and only once but this time I have been since the transfer it's not a lot and it's mixed up with the crinone. It just stresses me out since none of ours have worked so far
    It could just be the crinone irritating your cervix. If it becomes a lot or gets bright red I'd definitely call your clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by morganleroy View Post
    Thanks. I am really sore. Been taking panadeine/forte every 4 hours. At lot worse when I move. I am very bloated too, much more than before. Not got much of an appetite but so far ok without issues with nausea and vom. My FS started me on cabergoline for 8 days from tonight's to help prevent ohss, and I will not have any fresh transfers, freeze all.
    I drank a lot of powerade and sustagen after my last epu to help avoid ohss. Protein, sodium and potassium are apparently good for it. Electrolyte drinks are better than water. Not sure if it helped but I got 19 eggs and no ohss.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KarmaJane For This Useful Post:

Mazmooz  (28-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by morganleroy View Post
    I had 26 eggs last collection and was the same, the only thing I could do was lie down. If I stood for too long my belly would swell a lot to the point I looked very pregnant. I didn't feel sick though. They took me in for a scan and luckily there wasn't any fluid leaking from the ovaries so it wasn't yet OHSS but any pregnancy could have trigger its onset so we also ended up with a freeze all. It's disappointing but you want to know you're in top health for transfer. I hope you get good fertilisation rates!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaJane View Post
    I drank a lot of powerade and sustagen after my last epu to help avoid ohss. Protein, sodium and potassium are apparently good for it. Electrolyte drinks are better than water. Not sure if it helped but I got 19 eggs and no ohss.
    Thanks KarmaJane, will try that out. I've been having a lot of water, but will try more elevtrolyte drinks and eat protein. How long did your pain last?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoReady View Post
    I had 26 eggs last collection and was the same, the only thing I could do was lie down. If I stood for too long my belly would swell a lot to the point I looked very pregnant. I didn't feel sick though. They took me in for a scan and luckily there wasn't any fluid leaking from the ovaries so it wasn't yet OHSS but any pregnancy could have trigger its onset so we also ended up with a freeze all. It's disappointing but you want to know you're in top health for transfer. I hope you get good fertilisation rates!
    Wow SoReady, 26!! Yes that's exactly me, Lying down - I am fine but standing up I am in pain, sore and bloated too. Not sick thankfully. How long do you think your pain lasted? Exactly, I'm ok with the freeze all sample. It's disappointing not to move forward but I'd rather we go slow and steady than have me pushed into ohss. If u don't mind me asking, when u had 26 eggs did u get good fertilisation rates?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no tm27 I'm sorry to hear that! No AF for me so we're still hoping for good news. I just had the second blood test and am waiting on the results.