+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alittlebitofadiva View Post
    Hi @morganleroy!

I have just had my first ec and I didn't need pain relief...the clinic gave me panadol during my procedure after I used a heat pack in recovery and then I went home and slept the rest of the day.

I would think 1 day off should be enough but obviously everyone is different so you would need to see how you are. Also if you have a general anaesthetic you can't drive for 24 hours...

I had ec done on Saturday and I still have dull pain mostly on my right hand side but I get extremely bad periods so this pain is fine.

Good Luck for it all x
    Thank you alittlebitofadiva. Apparently my FS only does the egg collection under anaesthetic so I will have some light sedation I think. Good to hear u didn't have too much pain. Did you end up telling your work about ivf? I haven't, and I don't think I plan to but feel bad having to call in sick on short notice but that's life. It's so unpredictable when the collection will be etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by morganleroy View Post
    Hi all, id love to join this thread as about to embark on my first ivf cycle and a bit nervous
    I am 30, hubby 33. I have pcos but otherwise nil health issues. Ttc on and off 18 months. Started on metformin for borderline insulin resistance. 2 months cycle tracking, 4 cycles ovulation induction (1x clomid, 1x clomid plus triggers, 2x letrozole with prog pessaries) all unsuccessful. Heavy painful periods but recent lap all clear, no polyp or endometriosis.

Currently on progynova for antagonist cycle. This is day 7. AF started today. Bloods ultrasound and fsh injections to start on 10/3.
    A little nervous about possible ohss.. I guess that's normal.

All going well egg collection the week of 20/3. How did u all go with pain following egg collection? How much time did u need off work ?
    Hey morganleroy, it's my first cycle too. Good luck!!

I had egg collection Friday the 24th and i was pretty sore that day. Next day I went to a hens party and was mostly fine for lunch and a glass of wine (with any luck that will be my last for a long while!). But i was intermittently sore for up to 6 days after the retrieval.

Quick question ladies - how soon can i test? No beta at my clinic, they have told me to wait on the urine tests until 11 days post transfer (5 day blastocyst transferred). But I'm currently day 5 and already going crazy. How long would you guys wait before poas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @warratag.

No more scans needed. Ovidrel trigger tonight, then EC early Wednesday.
    Anyone have any side effects after from ovidrel??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif1 View Post

Quick question ladies - how soon can i test? No beta at my clinic, they have told me to wait on the urine tests until 11 days post transfer (5 day blastocyst transferred). But I'm currently day 5 and already going crazy. How long would you guys wait before poas?
    Id wait a few more days, depends on what post transfer meds you are on. Generally 7/8 past a 5 day transfer will give you a clear answer. I got a BFP on a 9dp3dt HPT in the arvo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif1 View Post

I had egg collection Friday the 24th and i was pretty sore that day. Next day I went to a hens party and was mostly fine for lunch and a glass of wine (with any luck that will be my last for a long while!). But i was intermittently sore for up to 6 days after the retrieval.

Hi Mifi,
    With our first IVF round I first tested 5dp3dt and it came back BFN- I was gutted but knew I was testing early. I left it another couple of days 8dp3dt and got a BFP The longer you can leave it the better, but I doubt many women wait the full 2 weeks! There was no way I could have made it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Wishnhope - I am really happy for you!! You must be over the moon

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aqua85 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Wishnhope so happy for you lovely.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Id wait a few more days, depends on what post transfer meds you are on. Generally 7/8 past a 5 day transfer will give you a clear answer. I got a BFP on a 9dp3dt HPT in the arvo.
    Congratulations, @Wishnhope! So happy for you . Hope you are feeling well. I am still waiting Take care xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Allthebest For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by morganleroy View Post
    Thank you alittlebitofadiva. Apparently my FS only does the egg collection under anaesthetic so I will have some light sedation I think. Good to hear u didn't have too much pain. Did you end up telling your work about ivf? I haven't, and I don't think I plan to but feel bad having to call in sick on short notice but that's life. It's so unpredictable when the collection will be etc
    I work at our family business so in my situation I'm very lucky although DH also works there so sometimes it's hard for him and I to have time off together but so far it hasn't been a problem.
    We start at 7am which means for scans and bloods it puts pressure on the others when I leave as there is only 5 of us. Thankfully everyone is happy to cover me because they know why but I don't know what I would do if I worked somewhere else.
    It does my head in a little not knowing when things will be and not being able to plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had our EPU this morning, very happy they got 8 eggs . Feeling a bit sore, so have taken some panadol and kicking back on the couch. Depending on how things go, looks like Transfer on Sat 11/3.