+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations @Wishnhope!! Yay!!! Well done!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warratag For This Useful Post:

Allthebest  (06-03-2017),Wishnhope  (05-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Foodie & Wishnhope.

Fingers crossed for a nice strong embryo alittlebitofdiva

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tm27 For This Useful Post:

alittlebitofadiva  (05-03-2017),Allthebest  (05-03-2017),Wishnhope  (05-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alittlebitofadiva View Post
    Has anyone had an egg fertilise after day 1?
    This is my first cycle so I have no idea, @alittlebitofadiva. My scan before EPU showed about 10 follicles both sides, but then my Dr got only 5 eggs. 4 eggs were fertilised on the next day, one was immature.

I called the scientist everyday to update our embryos. Day 1 to day 3, 4 embryos were all great. One of them was down graded on day 4 since it was 1 day late. On the forth day, 2 embryos was starting turning to blastocysts and the other embryo was developing slowly. The scientists said if they would wait to see the other embryo's development in next two days, if it did not grow they discarded. We finally have 2 blastocysts - one was transferred on day 5 and one was frozen.

This is my day 8 after FET. I did another HPT (5 days away from the booster), still two lines - one light line though. I do not feel anything differently except for being very tired (need to rest (on the bed) at around 9.30 am and 2.30 pm) and having big belly (I used to have to use belt for my jeans (I am size 6) but now I am wearing size 8 and no need belt). Maybe because I am eating too much. I eat twice as much as before FET, but have not gain any kilo yet. I am still doing as normally - walking with a heavy backpack, vacuuming, cleaning house, gardening etc. just felt tired very quick.

Thanks @wazzatag, I am in 2 ww so I am quite stressed

Congrats, @WISHnhop, @Foodie and other ladies done EPU, ET and BFP. and take care.

Sweet dreams, lovely ladies xxx
    Last edited by Allthebest; 05-03-2017 at 21:52.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Allthebest For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (05-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Allthebest! It's our first cycle too that's why I'm so confused....I too was told there was heaps of follicles on both sides but they only got 4. Then today they said only 1 fertilised but they will leave them and hopefully the others will fertilise too. The embryologist did not fill me with hope though. The way she said it made me feel like she doubts they will fertilise which makes me wonder why they didn't suggest ICSI?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Allthebest! It's our first cycle too that's why I'm so confused....I too was told there was heaps of follicles on both sides but they only got 4. Then today they said only 1 fertilised but they will leave them and hopefully the others will fertilise too. The embryologist did not fill me with hope though. The way she said it made me feel like she doubts they will fertilise which makes me wonder why they didn't suggest ICSI?!?
    I can understand how are you feeling, darling. But we have been trying our best. Now let the Dr team does their job, and don't lose our hope! I fingers crossed for the strong fertilised egg, and oher 3 eggs too. Lots of hugs.
    Last edited by Allthebest; 06-03-2017 at 06:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah will do. Thanks!
    Hugs to you too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alittlebitofadiva For This Useful Post:

Allthebest  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to let you know not to
    Give up on late fertilisers. I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant with my only embryo from my first IVF cycle which had not fertilized on day 1 but when they looked on day 3 it had. It was the only one to make it to day 5 so they could freeze it. They didn't hold any hope for it so I had to do another cycle where I got 2 embryos which they said looked fantastic. Transferred them (as separate times) and got bfn from both. Did our final FET with our last embryo which they didn't rate and here I am pregnant and so far going good. Stay positive x

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

alittlebitofadiva  (06-03-2017),Allthebest  (06-03-2017),MaybeBabyIVF  (06-03-2017),sabrina1717  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mish239 thank you for sharing your story! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, id love to join this thread as about to embark on my first ivf cycle and a bit nervous
    I am 30, hubby 33. I have pcos but otherwise nil health issues. Ttc on and off 18 months. Started on metformin for borderline insulin resistance. 2 months cycle tracking, 4 cycles ovulation induction (1x clomid, 1x clomid plus triggers, 2x letrozole with prog pessaries) all unsuccessful. Heavy painful periods but recent lap all clear, no polyp or endometriosis.

Currently on progynova for antagonist cycle. This is day 7. AF started today. Bloods ultrasound and fsh injections to start on 10/3.
    A little nervous about possible ohss.. I guess that's normal.

All going well egg collection the week of 20/3. How did u all go with pain following egg collection? How much time did u need off work ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @morganleroy!

I have just had my first ec and I didn't need pain relief...the clinic gave me panadol during my procedure after I used a heat pack in recovery and then I went home and slept the rest of the day.

I would think 1 day off should be enough but obviously everyone is different so you would need to see how you are. Also if you have a general anaesthetic you can't drive for 24 hours...

I had ec done on Saturday and I still have dull pain mostly on my right hand side but I get extremely bad periods so this pain is fine.

Good Luck for it all x