+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1045
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jeshika they would have drained all the follicles as they don't want several to accidentally mature and get you pregnant with multiples. 5 may have been the mature ones maybe. My first 2 full cycles I only got 2 eggs each time. It depends on what kind of cycle you did. If you did an antagonist cycle you'll get less eggs than if you do a down regulation cycle. I got 19 on a down regulation cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Jeshika don't compare with the other ladies. The first cycle is always a stepping stone for the FS to see how your body reacts. If you need to do another they will tweak it from what your results where.

My first egg collection I got 10 eggs on a low dose. Since then I have done 5 and they change they changed the dose from the first one. I have to do PGD so the aim for them is to get mature eggs quality over quantity always hun.

5 is great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first egg collection they got 7 mature eggs we did ICSI so 5 fertizlised and 3 took... 1 is our bub and I just put the second back in both 5 day embryos and the third made it to 5 days but they wouldn't freeze it as were happy with the quality... sometimes quantity doesn't count but quality...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got the call this morning;
    Of the 5 eggs, 4 were mature. 4/4 of those eggs fertilized
    Feeling much better statistically, haha. Transfer is around midday on Friday. Still freaking out about "to freeze or not to freeze".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Freeze what if this cycle doesn't take... you can always just discard them when you know your done or donate to research or donate to someone else

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

ToBeThree  (03-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jeshika freeze for sure! Even if this one takes you might decide you want another later and embryos made when you're younger have a better chance.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KarmaJane For This Useful Post:

ToBeThree  (03-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just scared that I'd never use them and they'd be frozen forever, but I also don't want them just destroyed. I'm also not sure how I feel about donating them. Euuuuugh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's more if this cycle doesn't work keep them in case and deal with it another time when your not full of hormones x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

ToBeThree  (03-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jeshika as someone who has a niece that is the result of a donated embryo I would definitely fall on the side of freezing them and donating any extras. We would never have been able to destroy them and we personally felt that not freezing was actually just the same as destroying. As it turned out we only got two embryos anyway, so we'll have to do Ivf again for the next one. The thing is if you don't freeze and the first doesn't take you'll need to do it all again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MindyGrace For This Useful Post:

ToBeThree  (03-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeshika View Post
    Had my collection today, 5 eggs I get the call tomorrow as to how many were fertilized.

The woman sitting next to me said 5 was good (she was on her 3rd cycle) but then she got 8 eggs, and the lady next to her got 9. I know they didn't attempt every follicle, only the best ones, but part of me is a little disheartened?
    Honestly I didn't want them to get 13 or anything, because I'm having a moral panic attack over whether or not to freeze any "leftover" embryos. But I just feel like out of 14 viable follicles, 5 eggs is such a low number statistically. Makes me worry about my chances.

(This is my first cycle so I'm sort of learning everything on the fly. 5 out of 14 might be amazing, but god knows I'll find a reason to stress about everything.)
    Hi @Jeshika

In my three collections they got a total of 35 eggs. I'm still not a mother. I agree with @ttc1981 - sometimes it's about quality not quantity.

Please consider donating any you don't use.
    Last edited by ToBeThree; 03-05-2017 at 21:02.