ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I read this yesterday and I was just horrified that teenage girls could be so damn cruel.

They were relentless and calculating.

I truly hope those responsible can acknowledge the role they played in this girl's death. Might not happen straight away, but as they grow older their guilt should catch up with them (especially when they become parents themselves).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have no words! How can these kids be so cruel? How do a group of them have it in them to organise a gang rape and watch? It's just disgusting! At any age it's wrong but these kids were 13..! Did their parents go wrong somewhere or brushed it off? I'm going into this teen stage soon with my eyes wide open, not just for them being bullied but for them being the bully (which I hope is never ever the case either)..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's today's view on life I think. Kids are watching movies and playing games. I know I sound like a 70 year old to be saying that but things are so different to when I was a teen 20 something years ago. Before Playstation and social media and being able to access any kind of information or entertainment you thought of.
    People are desensitised. I feel that social media especially has made people so self obsessed they can't even understand other people have feelings.
    It's different for us adults because we grew up in a time before this. It's really only the last 10-12 years that this stuff has become part of everyday life. These kids are born into the lifestyle.
    It's a very different world out there and I think it's why we need to be so careful with what kids are allowed and exposed to.

It may be hard to move etc if this happened to your child but I would have done everything humanly possible to keep my child away from these people. I think a lot of the time people underestimate the potential for harm just because it's kids.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-02-2017),BornToBe  (04-02-2017),gingermillie  (04-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    What the eff!
    Sick sick society we live in.
    Sorry but my first thought is why did she go back there?! Why did she still have the social media and the phone number?! Why?
    I've had someone hassle me on my phone and first thing I did was change my number.
    Couldn't more have been done?
    I remember my school years and to a child, school and the community there feels like everything. It's your "world" and at that tender age, it feels like there is no option to escape bullying. Or even that you deserve it and there is something wrong with you.

I always, always wonder what on earth is going on in the homes of aggressive, violent bullies and where their parents are?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is so sad. I recently watched a documentary about a very similar scenario in the US. It seems to be a symptom of our sick society... With our societies values being very similar. Social media has had a profound effect on society and I think has a lot to blame. One poster mentioned that we as a society are being desensitised about others feelings.. I believe this to be true.

I have a friend who moved her family with 15 yr old daughter from Adelaide to Thailand and the 15yr now goes to an international school. I was chatting to the teenager about the differences and if she was enjoying her new school. First thing she mentioned was the absence of b**tches and bullying and she now loved going to her new school. I believe this is purely due to the different cultural values, more tolerance, diversity of students etc.

Just because it is now widely happening in certain society.. It certainly is not happening everywhere and our society has a lot to answer for.

These views are just my opinion. Very sad!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (04-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If I found out my kid was involved in this....

That poor girl and her family

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

misho  (04-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    It may be hard to move etc if this happened to your child but I would have done everything humanly possible to keep my child away from these people. I think a lot of the time people underestimate the potential for harm just because it's kids.
    While I do agree with you, there is no way someone could have foreseen this escalation. Your comments could be taken as blaming this girl's parent (s), which I am sure you are not.

Bullying happens all the time. 13 year olds organising the gang rape of another 13 year old? Not so much.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (05-02-2017),TheGooch  (04-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That poor girl 😢

Edit - deleted.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 04-02-2017 at 13:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That poor darling little girl and her Mum.

Such an absolute and tragic waste of life who was tortured physically and mentally beyond words.

If the perpetrators and contributors of this don't feel guilt and remorse beyond words, then I feel sorry for them.

RIP beautiful girl. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post

I always, always wonder what on earth is going on in the homes of aggressive, violent bullies and where their parents are?
    THIS!!!

There is so much focus these days on what to do to not let bullies tear you down and avoid it etc, but there's just never been enough emphasis on why bullies are bullies.

Mostly yes it's insecure children / people who year others down so they can feel better about themselves so let's focus on working on kids' self esteem, if they're confident they are less likely to bully.

Secondly, this type of bullying is far far more sadistic than general bullying and says to me there's something going on at home that's not right. I mean how can any 13 year old be okay with raping someone or organising for it to happen or to watch. These things are just disgusting and beyond belief and those kids' parents are just as much to blame as those kids.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

DT75  (04-02-2017)