ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I hope you're all well on this Sunday!
    So my transfer didn't go ahead today. DH got a call from the embryologist this morning (I couldn't answer because I was with friends and was petrified of bad news). He said that our two embryos are both growing really well and are looking great! I was shocked! So they have rebooked for a 5dt on Tuesday!!! I've never had a 5dt, let alone two make it!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoopa For This Useful Post:

amywillo86  (27-02-2017),Milly888  (27-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopa View Post
    I'm sorry to hear @Wishingandhoping77. Where abouts are you located? @warratag only has about $600 OOP in Liverpool per cycle
    I'm in Newcastle. I'm. Just over $8000 out of pocket

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Wishingandhoping77 might ve worth making an enquiry about Primary IVF? From what I hear you start with your GP and if you have a fair way to travel they kinda sort it out so you only need to go for initial consult, egg retrieval and embryo transfer. I think they'd do all your bloods and scans in Newcastle.

Not sure how you'd go about using a donor but it'd still be a lot cheaper. $8000 out of pocket is ridiculous! I was only $5000 out last time and that was with donor sperm ($1000) and extra drugs that weren't on medicare. Did you claim on medicare?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone ,
    Hope its OK, I wanted to say a quick hello and let you know I've been lurking on your thread during my 2WW.
    I'm so sorry for all the BFN's.
    And congratulations for the BFP's.

I've been doing IVF for over 2 yrs.
    This was my 8th transfer (out of 5 stims and over 90 eggs), 2nd with a PGD tested normal embryo.

My beta is due Wednesday. But I'm not that confident. I've had more symptoms in my BFN cycles.

I'll write some personals later, but good luck to everyone cycling and waiting!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzhands For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (27-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Jazzhands! Good luck for your beta 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaJane View Post
    @Wishingandhoping77 might ve worth making an enquiry about Primary IVF? From what I hear you start with your GP and if you have a fair way to travel they kinda sort it out so you only need to go for initial consult, egg retrieval and embryo transfer. I think they'd do all your bloods and scans in Newcastle.

Not sure how you'd go about using a donor but it'd still be a lot cheaper. $8000 out of pocket is ridiculous! I was only $5000 out last time and that was with donor sperm ($1000) and extra drugs that weren't on medicare. Did you claim on medicare?
    I will look into it. But $5000 is still way out of my budget as I am in debt for this cycle. Also I wouldn't be able to get the time off work to go to Sydney for appointments as I have no sick leave left

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishingandhoping77 I didn't go through Primary IVF. They're the bulk bill clinic that ends up like $600 out of pocket. I know you're in debt but $600 or so might be reachable in the near future? Like when you build up more leave?
    I was just saying I went to a regular (non-bulkbill) clinic and was only $5000 out for a big cycle. And only $1700 for my FET. Seems crazy to me that you're out $8000! Normally I'd say it wasn't that crazy since you'd be classed as having social infertility (such a stupid rule btw) being single but since you have low AMH etc I'd have thought medicare would cover a bunch of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you who have had post transfer blood tests to check your progesterone how many days past 3/5 day transfer were you?? I'm going to ask for one this time around!

Although surely 1200mg pessaries plus a progesterone oil shot per day is enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I went to throw my 3 hour old negative test out this morning (8dp5dt) and dared myself to look a little closer. I saw a feint line. I did another test and a feint yet slightly stronger line appeared within 30 sec. I've made an appt for a blood test in an hour. I know I don't know any of you well but I have posted here a couple of times and I'm single and I've kept it a secret from almost everyone so other than that one other person, I feel I need to share it with you. Thanks for listening and answering my earlier questions. I hope I am right about BFP. I barely dare believe it at this stage.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frances3 For This Useful Post:

amywillo86  (27-02-2017),julianicholson  (27-02-2017),JustJaq  (27-02-2017),Milly888  (27-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin14 View Post
    For those of you who have had post transfer blood tests to check your progesterone how many days past 3/5 day transfer were you?? I'm going to ask for one this time around!

Although surely 1200mg pessaries plus a progesterone oil shot per day is enough!
    We get a post transfer blood test 7dpo (for me 4dp3dt) to check progesterone soley.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

munchkin14  (27-02-2017)