ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did anyone here get an update on their day 3 embryos? Did you get a grade? And for those that ended up with a bfp, were any of your day 3 fragmented?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Milly888 I do recall your name, Im sorry for your recent loss, we lost a bub early too but we got our rainbow baby! As did you!

Welcome @Wishingandhopinh77 good name! As some other suggested it's quality over quantity, 3 perfect eggs are better than 20 not so great ones.
    @sabrina1717 sorry to hear AF is here, she's a cruel mistress!
    @warratag hopefully your little embies will make it to day 5 fx
    @Karenadl with a day 5 transfer you can test 5 days after. So now should indicate whether you've been successful. Try to use urine from the same time of day (preferably most morning) as the HCG will vary during the day.
    @ItsMeSandy yay for great fertilisation numbers!! Hopefully you get some good freeze numbers for day 5, will your clinic freeze day 3?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    Did anyone here get an update on their day 3 embryos? Did you get a grade? And for those that ended up with a bfp, were any of your day 3 fragmented?
    My clinic doesnt grade, as theyve said even "low grade embies" become babies. We freeze at day 3 and Ive had two successful pregnancies from these.Im sorry I dont recall if they were fragmented.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get a daily update, they grade them except for Day 1 and 4. I just got told mine were Grade 2, where 1 is the best. Not sure if that means they were fragmented or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    I get a daily update, they grade them except for Day 1 and 4. I just got told mine were Grade 2, where 1 is the best. Not sure if that means they were fragmented or not.
    Daily would be great but my clinic only does it on day 1 and day 3 now the agonising wait to see if I get a phone call telling me not to come in for transfer. I guess I'll go anyway so I can speak to the fs about next steps.

How are you doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeSandy View Post
    Goodness this thread moves fast lol. So hard to keep up!

I'm loving all the bfp's!! Justjaq, Amy willow86, Reecyes5 and Endo85 - huge congratulations to you!! So wonderful

SydinMelb - I'm sorry for your BFN. I hope the 2 month break puts you in a good head space for your next round which I really really hope is the lucky last one

Wishnhope - My transfer and blood test will likely be March too!

Nettz84 - how exciting for you! I hope it's a sticky and strong embryo. Can't believe you have bloods on Thursday already! Have everything crossed for you xx

As for me, egg retrieval went really well yesterday. I took two panadiene forte and used the green whistle and it was more bearable then I expected. My FS is quite a character so it was actually entertaining despite the pain lol.

We got 26 eggs retrieved!!!!! So thrilled! Just got the update an hour ago and 18 have fertilised! Expecting to lose a fair few as you always do before day 5 but at least we are starting with good numbers. We are freezing them all so my body has a bit of break now till AF arrives and I start HRT.

Was in agony after retrieval yesterday and spent the entire day on the couch drugged up with a hot water bottle drinking gallons of water but I feel surprisingly good today!
    Congrats on the big numbers! I found that drinking powerade was a big help after epu. I think the sodium forces your body to distribute water more evenly rather than sending it all to your ovaries or something. Helps with the bloating at any rate. Also vaguely remember drinking a fair bit of sustagen. For the protein I think. Epu was over 2 years ago now so I'm a bit fuzzy on why I did that stuff but it did help.

Fingers crossed for those embies to make day 5 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeSandy View Post
    Warratag, I'm doing a FET once AF arrives so I'm not sure if that's different to a fresh but the nurse told me that once my lining is the right thickness, I need 5 days of progesterone before they transfer. I hope the three you have left are strong little embies and make it to day 5

We got our text yesterday to say that 18 fertilised which is awesome. So thrilled with that. But of course then I took to google and I read all these stories of people starting out with big numbers and ending up with nothing to freeze by day 5. It's out of my hands anyway so I just have to pray and stay hopeful and wait to hear!

I hope AF comes soon, I'm keen to get the next part started!
    Your numbers are so similar to mine, I had 17 at day 3, 8 frozen at day 5

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

ItsMeSandy  (05-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't remember what the scientist told me about the pressaries on day of transfer. For those of you who take pressaries, how long before your transfer do you take it?
    Not sure about when but taking it rectally could be an option if you're worried. Some women like to do that anyway because it's less mess, you don't have to lie down after and it doesn't irritate the cervix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaJane View Post
    Not sure about when but taking it rectally could be an option if you're worried. Some women like to do that anyway because it's less mess, you don't have to lie down after and it doesn't irritate the cervix.
    Thank you. I think he told me to take it an hour before transfer but he also told me to drink water an hour before transfer so I'm not sure if he did mention pressaries. I'll call tomorrow and see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found this in my notes from last time 2013! Might be interesting to some.

3 Day and 5 Day Transfers

For those who are on their TWW and want to know what is going on in there here is a list for 3 and 5 day transfers.

This is what happens in a 5dt:

-1dpt ..embryoCea is growing and developing

0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst

1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day

2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining

3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining

4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining

5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells

6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood

7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops

8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops

9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

this is what happens in a 3dt :

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing

2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst

3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day

4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining

5dpt.. Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining

6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining

7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells &

fetal cells

8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secrete in the blood

9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops

10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops

11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

cozkate  (19-02-2017),ItsMeSandy  (05-02-2017),Karenadl  (06-02-2017)