+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I limit to one alcoholic drink in any one day when cycling but nothing from ovulation onwards. I also switch to decaf coffee from ovulation onwards.

As far as food goes I'm pretty relaxed. I don't eat seafood anyway because I'm allergic but most cheeses are pasteurised these days in Australia so I don't worry too much about that etc. I'm just careful around salad bars. Same goes throughout pregnancy. There are far too many rules I think for a risk that is often very small

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, hope you don't mind me Joining in we had our FET yesterday and now just anxiously waiting! Did our original cycle 3 years ago got a BFP but ended in MC at 9 weeks. Three years later we decided to give it another go! So fingers crossed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KVP87 For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (22-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @receey5 or anyone else, does anyone know how long after a failed cycle you should wait to do a laprascopy to look for and remove endometriosis? Is 1 week after EPU too early? @reecey5, when did you do yours? How long after a failed cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    @receey5 or anyone else, does anyone know how long after a failed cycle you should wait to do a laprascopy to look for and remove endometriosis? Is 1 week after EPU too early? @reecey5, when did you do yours? How long after a failed cycle?
    Hi @warratag - I think it depends on your doc, but mine was 2 weeks after we got the BFN. Our Doc said get it done and cycle straight after it (two weeks later) because the closer to it the higher your success rate.

She said that you'd have a really heavy period after it to clean everything out, that wasn't the case for me, it was really light. We did a transfer that month and BFN. The period after that was the worst I have ever had, painful and heavy and that cycle was the one we got a BFP, so I think that was the clean out.

I'm pretty sure you'll only miss one cycle by doing it, but I'm not sure where that sits with an EPU because mine was just a FET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it's not just DS's cold that I have but full blown tonsillitis, bad. I'm not on penicillin which I'm assured is fine for IVF/pregnancy and as long as I'm resting and keeping up fluids there shouldn't be any extra reason why it wouldn't work but I've lost confidence and just feel like it's going to be another BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    Have they recommended that you do a laproscopy with a low AMH? My doctor advised against it due to my low AMH. She advised it would possibly reduce my AMH and affect my fertility. Is it worth the risk if you have no endometriosis symptoms that are causing you grief? (from what you've told me in the past). Can they not do an endometriosis scan first to confirm whether or not you have it, and the severity, before having an operation?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to amywillo86 For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (05-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome KV87, good luck! Hope 2017 is your year.

Gosh @SoReady! Hope you are on the mend soon and you get a BFP to bring your luck back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I had epu today. 5 eggs retrieved, all mature so I'm very happy about that ☺️
    I did ask the scientist about the quality of the eggs and she said that the notes said some were "grainy". I said how many and she said she wasn't sure if it was 2 or 3 of them. Googling tells me that "grainy" eggs are not a good thing...Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Snoopa Congrats on 5 eggs! Not heard of Grainy before hopefully someone else has

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amywillo86 I'm pretty sure there is no scan for endo. It's something they have to operate to see so they might as well remove it while they're in there. I was told by my first FS that I could possibly have endo (something to do with hormone levels plus a family history of it - my mum used to pass clots the size of her hand before her hysterectomy) but they would have to operate to know for sure. Since we were in for ICSI anyway due to MFI so didn't need to be concerned about fallopian scarring or anything I skipped the surgery cause it was more money for something I wasn't showing symptoms for.