ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ItsMeSandy
    Ive always taken the day off (transfer is always midday) and just done as normal (housework etc) If you think it will increase your chances then it cant do any harm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know if it does or not but it makes me nervous regardless

Thanks
    Reviews
    All went well, at home relaxing. They took the strongest embaby feeling ok. Didn't get a pic though will ask tomorrow. 5 can be frozen. What's every ones thoughts on genetic testing? We weren't going to do it... I have my bt on the 3rd March @ItsMeSandy I would take the day off just to have a rest. Good luck for the transfer on wed @SoReady I also have a head cold and they advised it wouldn't affect and thing you just can't take any thing for it. Hope you and @Wishnhope feel better soon.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cozkate For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (21-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ItsMeSandy my FS said this, which I thought made a lot of sense, when I asked if I was okay to take DD to swimming lessons on Wednesday:

If the situation were reversed and you walked out of here not wanting to be pregnant, is that something you would do to try and stop it happening?

So basically she said life as normal but just don't bring my heart rate up too high (with exercise etc) and obviously the standard not getting your core temperature too high. But if you feel like resting is best after transfer, then go for it! Your work is lucky to have someone who works so hard and doesn't take sick days but realistically you're entitled to them and a lot of places call it personal leave these days because you're not always sick to need a day off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the opinions and advice on whether to take sick leave 😊 I talked it over with hubby and decided to email my boss and ask for the one shift as sick leave and then life will go back to normal after that 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. We are starting on baby #2! My cycle started yesterday, bloods were good and my nurse gave me the go ahead to start Puregon injections this morning yay! Its an exciting time. Unfortunately I have high hopes as our last baby was conceived first go. Good luck to everyone starting and congratulations to all who are pregnant!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tm27 For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (22-02-2017),reecey5  (22-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrina1717 View Post
    Did anyone find that the progesterone shots gave you different side effects than other forms of progesterone? I'm starved all the time! Bloating, weight gain, boobs hurt differently
    Hi @Sabrina - I'm on them every second day and didn't notice any specifc symptoms related to them... except a sore bum haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reecey5 For This Useful Post:

sabrina1717  (22-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaJane View Post
    @ItsMeSandy my FS said this, which I thought made a lot of sense, when I asked if I was okay to take DD to swimming lessons on Wednesday
    off.
    This is an interesting one because at this transfer when I spoke with the embryologist I was told no spas, saunas or public swimming pools for a week. I questioned the public pool because previously I had only been told about the spas and saunas. She said it's a combination of the chlorine and heat because the entered the cervix so it's best to avoid it. I was shocked as this is my 6th transfer and first time I've been told that. As it was DS was sick so I had to change him from Monday class to Friday so it wasn't an issue but again the advice is so different depending who you speak to. It's crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pretty sure I know the answer but thoughts Id ask. As soon as transfer is done, does every act pregnant? No soft cheese, no alcohol etc etc.

A friend asked why I stopped drinking even though I wasnt pregnant yet (prior to transfer) since most people don't know till after the HPT or later and drink eat what ever.

I personally do it to not jeopardise the transfer even though it probably isn't necessary since the embie hasnt even implanted till a week later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Pretty sure I know the answer but thoughts Id ask. As soon as transfer is done, does every act pregnant? No soft cheese, no alcohol etc etc.

A friend asked why I stopped drinking even though I wasnt pregnant yet (prior to transfer) since most people don't know till after the HPT or later and drink eat what ever.

I personally do it to not jeopardise the transfer even though it probably isn't necessary since the embie hasnt even implanted till a week later!
    I act pregnant from the moment I start the cycle for a transfer. I figure I will have to give it up anyway so might as well start sooner rather than later