ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 71 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET/January/February 2017 #2

@Wishnhope my estrogen during a normal unstimulated cycle on the day of ovulation was 1,300 pmol/l. My estrogen is normally around 160 pmol/l on day 1-3 of an unmedicated cycle. They are my numbers when my GP tracked my estrogen before agreeing to give me a referral to FS. She said she wanted to make sure my levels were ok first. I think estrogen is a big problem for me because around the time of ovulation I don't have any of that fertile cervical mucus.
    @SoReady what is the percentage of crappy eggs at my age of 39? I fear it's like 98%!!!
    Last edited by warratag; 16-02-2017 at 18:21.

Thanks
    Reviews

The FS told me of my 4 eggs that fertilised, one was 3B, one was 8A, one was 8B and the final one was 6B on day 3. It was the 6B one that grew to blast on morning of day 5. I'm disappointed the other good ones got lazy and bugged out on day 4. They all got to early morula on day 4 and just sat there doing no further growing. Only the 6B managed to win the race. My embryos are lazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told the risk factors for chromosome issues increases from age 35 onwards.

As my embryos are all frozen my FS thinks the risk of pgd testing outweighs the benefits for me as I may lose good embryos in the process. So for now we are sticking with single embryo transfers as natural as we can do, the only meds are the progesterone pessaries and transfer is scheduled around my natural ovulation which is tracked and lining checked after ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @warratag I was quoted 40% of Day 5 embryos were normal at age 38. They were close with me- 50% at Day 5 (2/4) were normal. Still didn't implant though as chromosomes aren't everything. For what it's worth, my abnormal ones were the slowest. It's not much worse at 39-about 35% I think. It gets to about 90%+ at age 44. Also re what you said about cm- it's normal to get less as you get older. Your oestrogen levels at 1300 are great!
    @Wishnhope my oestrogen was 750-1300 at ovulation. The one cycle my levels dropped ended up being cancelled, I hope that doesn't happen to you but in the end you want everything right to transfer that good embryo!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

warratag  (16-02-2017),Wishnhope  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks @Flower78!! I still think 35% being normal is good stats for my age, but unfortunately for me, none of mine were any good this time. I hope I get 1 good one next time that's normal. Of course I'll never know cos I won't PGD, cos cheaper just to pay $600 to cycle and bang it back in and cross fingers hehe. Hopefully 1 is normal now and again. That would be so awesome. And you're right about the slower ones being abnormal cos that's what my fs said. You have good egg quality if you get 2 normal each time. That's terrific! Shame about them not implanting though. Did you try prednisone by any chance? My FS just put me on 10mg and to increase to 20mg after EPU.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to warratag For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @warratag I guess you would expect if you get one Day 5 embryo, you might need three cycles to get a good one. Then they implant 60% of the time. So yours should be coming up right?!

I was on Aspirin, Clexane, Intralipid and Prednisolone but no luck 👎 no point me flogging my ovaries to get a few eggs each time when DP has an amazing AMH! Hope it leads to some good embryos in April.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

warratag  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    @warratag I guess you would expect if you get one Day 5 embryo, you might need three cycles to get a good one. Then they implant 60% of the time. So yours should be coming up right?!

I was on Aspirin, Clexane, Intralipid and Prednisolone but no luck no point me flogging my ovaries to get a few eggs each time when DP has an amazing AMH! Hope it leads to some good embryos in April.
    Thanks hun, this info helps me very much and makes me feel hopeful. I thought about 80% of my eggs were rubbish. 35% normal sounds better than 20%! Lol, I hope that I'm coming up to a good egg soon! Feeling more positive today and hoping that will get me some good luck

Wow, your DP is so lucky to have a great AMH score and this way too you will each have had an opportunity to experience a pregnancy! It's good for the life resume!

I'm going to be very good these next few weeks and exercise and drink lots of water and be very healthy! I'll keep back to back cycling at $600 a pop and see how we go. The timing is working out quite nicely with EPUs being on Thursday cos it means when AF arrives, she arrives bang on time which always works out to be a Thursday EPU which is great!

This last cycle was my best cycle because I had a good quality blast. That's a positive for me! I'm very happy with that

11. The Following User Says Thank You to warratag For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's why I'm hoping the odds are in my favour this time. I had 8 day 5 embryos so there should be 4 good ones. I've already had one mc due to chromosome issues and one not implant so hoping I still have 4 out of 6 left that are good. Surely they can pick a good one this time 🤞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoReady View Post
    That's why I'm hoping the odds are in my favour this time. I had 8 day 5 embryos so there should be 4 good ones. I've already had one mc due to chromosome issues and one not implant so hoping I still have 4 out of 6 left that are good. Surely they can pick a good one this time 🤞
    You'd think, wouldn't you? Could you maybe transfer 2 this time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I had a good chat with my FS about 2 but given that my second son was premmie it isn't a good idea. She said my strike rate for getting pregnant is good, 3 from 5 transfers and if we transfer two and they both take but one turns out to be bad and needs termination then we put the good one at risk. She said she isn't desperate enough to warrant a double transfer yet but will tell me if/when she thinks we should