+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeSandy View Post
    Amy - Does your friend know your situation? How insenstive and selfish is she?? 2 years ago my best friend who knew we were trying (but at that point it had only been a few months) fell pregnant unplanned and then spent months whinging to me about how she wanted an abortion and she's so unlucky etc. It really damaged our friendship for a long while and I had little do with her....her baby just turned 1 and our friendship has finally repaired.

As for me, I'm hoping to get a text today about how many (if any) of our embryos made it to freeze! And I have to go shopping for FIVE baby presents for gals I work with :/
    She knows my situation, but she hasn't really been there for me. All she knows is that I went through IVF, but doesn't really understand the process. She hasn't really asked anything about it. I have my BFP now she she probably figures I won't care anymore, but I still find it so insensitive! I'm still in the danger zone, so I'm very scared and worried about what may happen. Even if it is successful, I'm still going to need IVF in the future for baby #2, and I may not be so lucky then! Also, I have sympathy for those that are still going through infertility, it's really not fair.

It sucks buying baby gifts for other people -give them a gift card! I find it so much easier, so you don't get too upset. Good luck with your frosties!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amywillo86 how are you going? Have you had any repeat bloods?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amywillo86 I have a friend who also says similar rubbish about gender. In fact, 3 days after my son passed away (not even cremated or had his service yet) and she thought it was good timing to tell me she had a positive hpt that morning. Why on earth would you even tell me that? Why would you not at least wait until it's confirmed by bloods and let me get through the funeral service for my son first? Then, at 10 weeks she had the nipt test. Now I'm certain the only reason was to find out the gender early. I got a message to say it's a girl and she's so surprised cos she was worried she would end up with two boys. Ummmm, I would have given the world to have my two boys earthside together. I just ignored it and asked if the real reason for the nipt test and results had come back fine. For me finding out the gender is nice but I don't really care either way, I would just love a healthy bub. I still can't believe people complain about having two boys to me when I would give anything to have that back

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @warratag my embryo that I've just gotten a BFP with was not a high graded embryo, they almost didn't freeze it.
    It had not fertilized on day 1 after EPU but when they looked on day 3 it had so don't discount the one you have. It made it this far it might just be your little fighter.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sabrina1717 I tried to private message you last week but couldn't figure out how to do it.

I'm so sorry your going thru such a rough time, this journey can really drain you and wear you down hey but it's great that they have a plan for you moving forward. Don't give up hope xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

sabrina1717  (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @reecey5 - I have had 2 blood tests so far, first one was 108 at 8dp5dt, then 2 days later it was 322. They were happy with the increase so I didn't need any further bloods. I have to wait for my ultrasound in about 2 weeks.
    @SoReady - that is unbelievably cruel. I don't think I would have been so civil if she was my friend! It's one thing when people don't understand infertility, but the death of a baby? How could she be so selfish! I don't really understand the whole gender thing either. I grew up with 3 sisters and no brothers, and I wouldn't have it any other way! My DH grew up with 6 brothers and no sisters, and he loves it. Even if I had the option to choose a sex, I wouldn't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amywillo86 View Post
    @reecey5 - I have had 2 blood tests so far, first one was 108 at 8dp5dt, then 2 days later it was 322. They were happy with the increase so I didn't need any further bloods. I have to wait for my ultrasound in about 2 weeks.
    @SoReady - that is unbelievably cruel. I don't think I would have been so civil if she was my friend! It's one thing when people don't understand infertility, but the death of a baby? How could she be so selfish! I don't really understand the whole gender thing either. I grew up with 3 sisters and no brothers, and I wouldn't have it any other way! My DH grew up with 6 brothers and no sisters, and he loves it. Even if I had the option to choose a sex, I wouldn't!
    Amazing! Very exciting :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a friend about to do gender selection in the USA. She's got no idea what she's in for as obviously it's IVF and that's hard enough let alone then getting embryos of the desired gender and then them implanting, sticking around etc etc. I'd never ever do it but gender disappointment is a real thing and ppl do suffer from it. Even though we would never understand it as all we want is a healthy baby.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin14 For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do understand people having gender disappointment but at the same time I think they should choose their audience to complain to.
    I've been to hell and back and to be honest the last thing I need is hearing how people are disappointed with two boys when I would move heaven and earth to have my boys here together. I often wonder how they would feel if roles were reversed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou @Wishnhope I have everything crossed that this one sticks around for the long haul. My blood test is on the 17th... this tww is driving me insane lol. I am on Crinone twice a day... omg that stuff is gross haha������