+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Student Midwife In Townsville looking to follow Mums to be!

Hi :-)

My name is Victoria and I am a Registered Nurse studying Midwifery at JCU in Townsville.

As part of my study, I am required to follow women through their pregnancy journey in order to develop a more hands on learning experience and become a caring, supportive and diligent midwife.

Not only would I be learning the necessary skills to being a midwife, this program also offers you with another support network and continuity throughout your entire pregnancy.The role of a student midwife is completely up to you. I am here to provide support and guidance wherever you may need it, and can be involved as little or as much as you desire. The university requires that I attend 4 antenatal appointments (GP visits, antenatal classes, ultrasounds etc.), the birth of your baby (IF you feel comfortable with this...it is not a requirement) and 2 postnatal visits.

Many women find that the presence of a student midwife is incredibly comforting, as you may not always see the same healthcare professionals at your appointments. It can be very beneficial to have a familiar face whom you can rely on to communicate with the less familiar staff or just to simply give you more personal support.

i understand that pregnancy is a very personal time and it is a big ask to allow a stranger to share in this. Thank you for thinking about it and if you have any further questions I would be very happy to talk about it and meet up before you decide.

Thank you so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Victoria, I may be able to help you. I'm currently in Townsville (at Ronald McDonald House) waiting for my triplets to be born - I have 2 appointments booked for next week, clinic/antenatal and ultrasound. If your interested in a more complex case, please pm me for contact details

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi AngelD, Thank you so much for replying. I have sent you a pm but I have no idea if it's actually sent it (I haven't used PM through bubhub before and I can't find it in sent messages). If you haven't received it please could you tell me on here and I'll try again :-) Thank you :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @newmum2010 - I got your pm and have replied . Talk soon