+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommendations for schools in Cairns

Hi guys,

Am new here but hoping to get some feedback.

My little family consisting of myself, my hubby and our 10yr old son are moving to Cairns from NSW in May and I am seeking recommendations for good public schools in the area.

I have secured work at the public hospital and hubby is still 'job seeking'. We are planning on renting for the time being and depending where the recommended schools are will determine the area that we rent in!

Am also looking at after school care and vacation care if there are any suggestions? have seen that PCYC offer this, does anyone have any feedback please?

Thank you all in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there! Do you have any idea what suburbs you want to rent in? That will largely determine the school. There are few really good public primary schools (Edge Hill, Freshwater) but you will need to live in the schools catchment to be considered. There are a lot of public schools that don't have a good reputation. There are a lot of Catholic schools which are also good and quite affordable.