+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    that's inventive! Our kids have to put their lunchboxes away before they can play, so I don't think so. I think if it was getting kicked around, the yumbox itself would have broken by now. His are 4 years old and just a bit scratched. It's just the bags that tend to fall apart each year. The straps on his backpacks rip and the insulated bags crack.

I guess I'm happy to spend the money on a good lunchbox and bag, as I've probably spent $100 on insulated lunch bags in the last 4 years anyway! So if I can get one that lasts longer, it's worth it.
    I had a $10 one last three years! I only threw it out because it went missing (again), and turned up a few weeks later 'growing.' I decided after three years we could dispose of it. Now we have another $10 one to be used as a soccer ball and pushed down a stair railing 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I had a $10 one last three years! I only threw it out because it went missing (again), and turned up a few weeks later 'growing.' I decided after three years we could dispose of it. Now we have another $10 one to be used as a soccer ball and pushed down a stair railing
    I'm with you on this one Full House. My kids have the $10 sistema cubes. If I brought them an expensive lunch box bets are it would be lost within the week. Drink bottles in this house are mythical things that disappear all the time!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Full House  (05-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Tell me about your planet box ladies - from the looks here, you all have the "launch"? For a quick squiz on their website, I think that's what I need. Looks like it holds a fair amount of food? And fits a full sandwich in the square? Can it be put in the bottom rack of the dishwasher?

We've been using yumbox, but DS is in year 2 and I usually pack his sandwich, crackers and salad in the yumbox, banana in the bag, plus a separate container of fruit for recess.

He's told me they take their whole lunchbox out at recess now (we had crunch and sip last year in class). So thinking he needs a bigger lunchbox that can hold all his days food rather than 2 separate containers. Plus now DD is at full time school, it takes up so much space with 2 of the yumboxes in the top rack of the dishwasher.

Are the insulated bags good quality? We seem to go through school AND insulated bags and I don't know if he is just too rough, or if the bags I've bought just aren't meant to last! I told him no more licenced backpacks and got him one from the surf shop this year in the hope it will last the whole year
    I have a planet box rover I think. Fits a full sandwich, and I put in the bottom of the dishwasher everyday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I'm with you on this one Full House. My kids have the $10 sistema cubes. If I brought them an expensive lunch box bets are it would be lost within the week. Drink bottles in this house are mythical things that disappear all the time!
    For my one child who has a lunchbox, everything goes in a brown paper bag. We lost containers daily so I figured they would take longer to breakdown in the environment after a single use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_1486333792.245816.jpg
    Brioche with cheddar cheese & sliced Berliner
    Carrot, grapes and strawberries
    Popcorn

Also morning tea is a banana and a healthy oat & berry cookie

Crunch & sip is carrot & pear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to the planetbox website to have a look and oh my lord I couldn't justify the expense of one of those. Beautiful though they are, will stick to our kmart insulated boxes with ice brick. hahaha. I'll actually take a photo of their lunches one day to share here

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

ElizaDoLittle  (07-02-2017),Wise Enough  (22-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Me too! WTF!!!? $80!!!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use planetbox and yep they're expensive. BUT my nephew is in grade 6 this year and has had his since prep - going strong looks great. Every reason to expect it to go to high school with him! My Dh has had his for about 5 years.

If you break it down how many plastic lunch boxes would you buy in that same time period? I would think a new one every year? So financially and environmentally if you can afford the initial outlay (and I respect not everyone can especially with multiple children) the planet Box makes sense.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fruit break - apple
    Morning tea - strawberries, rockmelon and museli bar (homemade)
    Lunch - homemade vegemite and cheese scroll, carrot, cucumber and cherry tomatoes and a coconut roll
    Attached Images
    Last edited by smallpotatoes; 06-02-2017 at 19:56.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (06-02-2017)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Show me your lunchbox 2017!!

Yay I can finally join this thread!

Kindy lunch for tomorrow. I love having an excuse to bake!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1486370535.645468.jpg

Chicken salad, bacon and cheese roll (recipe from Thermomumma), date and cranberry biscuit, and honey tiny teddies from The Road to Loving My Thermomix. Plus some strawberries and popcorn. I never know how much to pack 😳

ETA and I posted on the wrong thread! How embarrassing! Oh well, there's a lunchbox in there somewhere...
    Last edited by harvs; 06-02-2017 at 19:49.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (06-02-2017),witherwings  (07-02-2017)