+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The educator!! And I sent a twiggy stick lol like so naughty
    @Elijahsmum I can't believe your son eats capsicums!!! That's amazing lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Attachment 88599
    My daughter just started prep. She's a fantastic eater. But most of it came back untouched.

Are your kids eating the food you put in? If she didn't eat the strawberries I'm doubtful she's eat capsicum
    My boy is usually super fussy but he ate everything in his lunchbox. However he couldn't find his morning tea (it was in one of the pockets of his backpack) so maybe he was just starving by lunch time?.. I feel awful that he didn't have morning tea going to make sure he knows exactly where it is from now on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Attachment 88602

Meatballs (frozen... would be defrosted by lunch), cheese, corn, cucumber, avocado wrap and kiwi fruit.

The only thing that has come back so far has been the wax from the cheese!
    Frozen meatballs is s great idea!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Show me your lunchbox 2017!!

Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    These lunches look amazing, but there's no way my kids would eat any of that stuff after sitting in a lunchbox all morning. I started out packing lunches like these, but it would all come home because by the time it was time to eat their food would be gross. Now they eat mostly packet stuff at school because it doesn't go yuck.
    They have insulated bags with a large ice pack to keep them cold but still most days won't even eat the sandwich I've packed them for lunch because it's gone yuck.
    I was worried about that, so I don't put any "wet" stuff in the sandwiches. I remember soggy sandwiches from when I was in primary school - yuck!

If you go with cheese and ham, or chicken and cheese etc, it shouldnt get yuck. But anyway, good to know your kids are enjoying their lunches now as long as they don't go hungry, that's the important thing
    Last edited by witherwings; 02-02-2017 at 22:15.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (02-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    If it means your child eats it who gives a **** if it's cut up!

My kids eat capsicum like apples.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    It comes with its own insulated lunch bag and you buy the ice brick that goes with it for $14, I did a few trials in the last holidays so I could see how cold the food kept and it was always perfect, the fruit or sandwiches never goes mushy
    The food I prepared also didn't go mushy, even sitting out all day. I'm a huge fan of the planet box, thanks to you! Before I started using it I didn't think I could fit enough food in for the day it it's actually perfect.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (02-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Thankfully he loves them! Especially the baby ones ( I actually don't like them raw at all!) I just always gave him cut up capsicum and cucumber sticks when he was a baby so maybe he's just used to them ( same with olives, I also can't stand them but he eats them like lollies )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I was worried about that, so I don't put any "wet" stuff in the sandwiches. I remember soggy sandwiches from when I was in primary school - yuck!

If you go with cheese and ham, or chicken and cheese etc, it shouldnt get yuck. But anyway, good to know your kids are enjoying their lunches now as long as they don't go hungry, that's the important thing
    If you can believe it, it's literally only plain cheese or ham and cheese sandwiches that I send, and they still say the go gross most days!!
    Today instead of a sandwich I sent two corn thins with a piece of cheese inside, put it in a brown bag to keep it crisp and then inside a plastic bag so it wouldn't go soggy and that got eaten by both of them. Yay!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (02-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    If you can believe it, it's literally only plain cheese or ham and cheese sandwiches that I send, and they still say the go gross most days!!
    Today instead of a sandwich I sent two corn thins with a piece of cheese inside, put it in a brown bag to keep it crisp and then inside a plastic bag so it wouldn't go soggy and that got eaten by both of them. Yay!
    That sounds yum! My dad used to make me sandwiches with cottage cheese and tomato! I mean, could you GET a more wet sandwich filling???? Jesus! Also the sandwiches always smelled like soap because he wouldn't wash the soap off his hands properly before preparing them. Lol once my dad stopped making us lunch, we had to make it ourselves because my mum hated doing it. Talk about neglected! Props to my dad for trying at least!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (02-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Remember the good old days when you could take peanut butter sandwiches to school?