+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep goes in fridge over night and large ice brick put in in the morning and everything goes yuck, even bananas and sandwiches. Cut up fruit is an absolute disaster. I send apples (whole) and otherwise it's packaged stuff like fruit cups and rice crackers and muesli bars. I send a sandwich each day and it comes home 50% of the time because it was too gross to eat. Maybe it's a difference in states I don't know, or maybe your kids get to put their bags in a cooler area, I don't know what it is but there's no way I could pack these yummy fresh lunches for school. I buy them tuck shop once a week just so I can order them a yummy chicken and salad wrap that won't go gross, and the school does sushi one lunch a week too and we always do that. It's the only way they get a nice fresh lunch.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    IMG_1486020770.541887.jpg

Meatballs (frozen... would be defrosted by lunch), cheese, corn, cucumber, avocado wrap and kiwi fruit.

The only thing that has come back so far has been the wax from the cheese!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Those who use a planetbox, what insulated bag do you put it in and what icebrick?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not up to the school lunches phase yet but I have to say, you ladies are amazing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of DDs lunch came home today, from what I can gather she was way too busy talking and generally being super excited by school to bother eating! She ate most of the wrap, the banana/blueberry muffin and maybe some cucumber. She smashed 2 bowls of dinner though.

I'll pack less food tomorrow and see how she goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Most of DDs lunch came home today, from what I can gather she was way too busy talking and generally being super excited by school to bother eating! She ate most of the wrap, the banana/blueberry muffin and maybe some cucumber. She smashed 2 bowls of dinner though.

I'll pack less food tomorrow and see how she goes.
    I've started on the smaller side for DD and will adjust as we go. Today she ate all of it and was ravenous when we got home, so I'll put more in there tomorrow. I need to do it without her there as she tries to influence what I put in or leave out. It's better for her sake if she just lets me do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't taken any pictures, but so far DD has had:

Day 1 - wholegrain cheese & Vegemite sandwich, cherry tomatoes, carrot & capsicum sticks, banana and grain crackers

Day 2 - wholegrain cheese & Vegemite sandwich, cherry tomatoes, cucumber sticks, peas and plain popcorn.

The school that her kindy is part of also supplies fruit. She's eaten everything plus what sounds like a lot of fruit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Those who use a planetbox, what insulated bag do you put it in and what icebrick?
    It comes with its own insulated lunch bag and you buy the ice brick that goes with it for $14, I did a few trials in the last holidays so I could see how cold the food kept and it was always perfect, the fruit or sandwiches never goes mushy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (02-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got told off all week for my food I am freaking out.

Does anyone have food natzis?

I sent home made bacon and cheese scroll one day and the food I posted. Apparently it was not healthy enough! No 'protein ball' WTF!! I am not sending just fruit and veg. And wholemeal sandwich. I disagree as my dd still snacks!! And she told me off for cutting fruit up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I got told off all week for my food I am freaking out.

Does anyone have food natzis?

I sent home made bacon and cheese scroll one day and the food I posted. Apparently it was not healthy enough! No 'protein ball' WTF!! I am not sending just fruit and veg. And wholemeal sandwich. I disagree as my dd still snacks!! And she told me off for cutting fruit up
    Who told you off for cutting up fruit?