+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I'm enjoying reading and seeing all your good ideas. Making mental notes for term 2!

My little one has a severe nut allergy, and reacts to nut products that he comes into contact with (touches, is kissed by lips that have eaten them etc), not just those that he ingests.

To those of you who don't send nut products to school, I know it's a pain, it's not as easy, it's annoying, but THANK YOU, thank you, thank you. It really does make a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Show me your lunchbox 2017!!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice to offer about kids refusing to eat what is in their lunchbox?

I have an 11yo DSS who is in the obese category (long story but bio-mum stuffs him with junk food, takeaway & soft drink) - we are shared care. This year I bought a Planet lunchbox & we've been doing lots of food education & framed it as being healthy rather than anything to do with weight.

Well, it's May now & not one lunch has ever been eaten. He isn't smart enough to put it in the bin & say he's eaten it (!) so it comes home every day. He eats the berries & the gluten free bar (the sweet stuff) but nothing else. I've had him involved in the shopping, choosing his own protein, I've tried a dozen different healthy crackers, all sorts of dips, but it still comes home. He has an excuse every day - the teacher let them out late so no time to eat, friend ordered too much from the tuckshop & shared, or he just "accidentally" leaves his lunch box at school so I can't use it for a day or two. I actually have no idea what he is eating for lunch instead.

I'm trying to stay away from bread, so am thinking maybe a wrap or home made sushi... Anyone else have a boy of this age who just won't eat lunch?

IMG_1495150615.567639.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Show me your lunchbox 2017!!

I'm lucky DS eats and he loves lunches like chicken wings or chicken strips or fish cakes have you tried putting something like those in? Or what's his favourite food and you could try making a healthier version?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Summer  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At our home we eat vegan twice a week, and every time I prepared my kid's lunch box I love every second of it. In this box we have taco mix wrapped in lettuce, plums and chocolate chip cookies.

(Sorry, I can't figure out how to post images...)