+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our school in Victoria has fruit break / crunch and sip mid morning.
    Most of the teachers hate it and find it so distributive to the flow of the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    We have those Sistema Cube lunchboxes. My eldest is in grade 3 and is onto his second one since he started school and that’s only because the first one got stolen some time during grade 1. They’ve been great lunchboxes.
    We are changing them at the end of this year but that’s because we are moving and the kids are going to a new school (plus Mr4 will be going to preschool for the first time) so we want to surprise them with some nice new stuff. I’m thinking of Yumboxes. I’m just not sure how much they hold.
    Apparently that style of lunchboxes have had issues with mold, so it might be worth it to look into one that doesn't have a section that is glued on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We’re at a Qld private school and we do fruit break.

My DS has a yumbox tapas and it holds enough for the rest of his day (apart from fruit break). Most days it comes home empty.

We have no issue with mold. I think the main culprit was a different brand of lunchbox.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_9756.jpg
    3 different kids, 3 different taste buds

5. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Cue (16-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Show me your lunchbox 2017!!

Wanting to see if people think this is too much, not enough, or just right for a 2yo for lunch & morning and arvo snacks? Would normally have fruit in there, but have run out.

IMG_6381.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Show me your lunchbox 2017!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMummaButterfly View Post
    Wanting to see if people think this is too much, not enough, or just right for a 2yo for lunch & morning and arvo snacks? Would normally have fruit in there, but have run out.

Attachment 99890
    i’m going with not enough as i know my ds (3) wouldn’t touch the carrot sticks or the cheese.

it really depends though on how big an eater she is. all kids are so different. my ds gets a hot lunch at daycare and snacks throughout the day, so i don’t mind if he comes home not hungry or just picks at a ham wrap or tuna sandwich.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD (22 month) would need more than that but it’s hard to judge from what others eat. She normally has fruit and coconut yoghurt for m/tea, either an avo sandwich or sausage rolls with cucumber, tomato and avocado for lunch and crackers with hummus or avocado for afternoon tea. She still looks for more during the day as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @turquoisecoast and @Amber4304 thanks so much ladies.

As i am overweight due to eating too much (even good food), which i am getting better at, I am just acutely aware of not overfeeding DD. She is much more of a grazer these days and i am preferring to put a whole heap of healthy options into a lunchbox for her so i can make sure im not giving her too much. She is perfectly healthy and perfect weight, just something that plays on my mind.

Rather than going to the fridge numerous times during the day and not remembering what i had given her, the lunchbox idea is working well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (25-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found DD really hit and miss at 2. Some days she would eat way more than that and then other days not so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-DJ Nette View Post
    I found DD really hit and miss at 2. Some days she would eat way more than that and then other days not so much.
    This is true. They say to look at a toddler’s food intake over a period of time, rather than in a day.