ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morning after pill fail. Need opinions plz help!

Ok so bizzare story please dont judge me.

Had a one night stand 19/12/16 (3 weeks into my cycle lmp 1/12) then took a morning after pill on the 20/12/16.

(I met my current partner (whom i adore) 1 week after the one night stand.)

24/12 - 31/12 i had what i thought was a period which i then started my pill packet. All was good until i started getting morning sickness and other pregnancy symptoms which i decided to take a pregnancy test to rule out. 9/1/17 dark positive.

One problem. My partner is not the baby daddy and he knows that so we decided to book in a termination as none of us are in a position to be able to support a child.

Had bloods done 10/1 which HCG was 340. Had ultrasound same day they couldnt find anything. I instantly knew it wasnt a healthy pregnancy and it would pass and i was ok with that.

12/1/17 got admitted to hospital thinking i was having an ectopic but ended up being a "miscarrage". Hcg that night was 260 and the following morning 198 so they discharged me and told me i miscarried and to come back for follow up bloods to follow the hcg back to zero. (They DID NOT do a D&C.)
    Had follow up bloods 16/1 which showed ZERO hcg. I started back on my pill that day.

ALL WAS PERFECTLY FINE. Around 25/1 my pregnancy symptoms started to come back along with morning sickness and no appetite. In my head i knew i couldnt be pregnant again cause we didnt have sex for 2 weeks from when i found out. And after that it has been strictly protected. (need to be careful 1st month taking pill).

This wasnt all just in my head i kept telling myself stop being silly its probably from the pill.... right???

Took a test 30/1 POSITIVE!!!!

it cannot be a new pregnancy it has to be the one i "miscarried". Someone please tell me what could be happening? Waiting for blood results and getting ultrasound. My dr didnt even know he was speechless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If a bloodtest returned a result of 0 hcg, it couldn't be that first pregnancy.
    Hcg doesn't drop to zero & go back up again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Morning after pill fail. Need opinions plz help!

A stab in the dark but maybe you were pregnant with twins, miscarried one twin. The blood test could have been wrong - samples get mixed up, labs make errors sometimes. It's not common but it's not unheard of.

Edit: another potential is that you're not pregnant and the recent positive test was picking up residual hormones from the previous miscarried pregnancy. Again this would only be possible if the zero result on the blood test was wrong. Pregnancy symptoms could be ovulation / period symptoms.
    Last edited by babyno1onboard; 31-01-2017 at 10:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    If a bloodtest returned a result of 0 hcg, it couldn't be that first pregnancy.
    Hcg doesn't drop to zero & go back up again
    Exactly this.
    The first pregnancy with a complete miscarriage so there is no way it could be that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No idea but I'm following for when you update!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It is very strange. Go see the dr asap. Get bloods done. Have a scan done. Then go from there. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Molar pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah wow.. I don't have any answers for you there. I know the morning after pill is useless if you've already ovulated (or if you were just about to). I haven't heard of a pregnancy dipping in hormones only to rise again.

I DID recently read about a woman who conceived 2 babies 10 days apart from the same night of intercourse. Apparently the sperm lived 10 days in her vagina (which is highly unusual) and so she ended up with 2 babies born on the same day, conceived 10 days apart.

I guess the body is capable of amazing, whacky things. The best thing you can do is get an ultrasound. Wishing you luck!
    Last edited by MissLeeshy; 01-02-2017 at 00:54.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Did you dtd in early Jan? All I can think of is you miscarried the first pregnancy but before the hcg dropped to 0 you ovulated again and concieved. Or if you've done at hpt it can pick up hcg levels of 10-20. Werr you told the test was zero on 16/1 or that it was negative? Did you see the actually hcg number?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy cow I don't have any advice but geez what a nightmare! Hope it is negative for you with your bloods today.