+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default we are officially TTC!!

So we decided last night that we don't want to wait until we are married because we are both aren't getting any younger. We know we want this and being married wont change anything. So my partner told me to throw the pill in the bin!! So excited but also think that it's going to take forever! I'm 10 days into my cycle which is usually 25/26 days. When am I likely to ovulate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Varies but start testing and looking for signs it could be soon usually around the mid cycle. Mark .. good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on making the decision to embark on the journey! What are you doing to test for ovulation? Have you ever tracked your cycles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never done anything, I have a period tracker app on my phone that gives a generic Ovulation date but that's about it.

I thought from the start of next cycle I might start BBT testing, I figure its only taking your temp so how hard can that be right.

What other things can I do? We pretty much do the BD mostly every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on making the decision! Very exciting times!

My husband and I are going to start TTC at the end of this month so I came off the pill in the middle of November and have been tracking using Ovia since then. My first period came right on time and my second period came a couple of days later than expected - but nothing major. It's hard to tell when you're going to be ovulating so soon after stopping the pill as the pill regulates your cycle.

The thing that I've found most helpful is tracking cm (cervical mucus). Once you get used to what you're looking for then you should be able to tell when you're ovulating. People recommend tracking your bbt but I haven't taken it to that level yet.

I have read that some people are super fertile the first month coming off the pill so maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if it makes a difference but I was on mictolut which I found out recently was only a mini pill.
    When trying to track ovulation by CM what kind of thing am I looking for? I am going to try and google but to be honest I've never taken any notice of my cm before.

Also because of my age I think I might go to a doctor (we just moved so I dont have a regular GP) for a general checking. Is there any tests or blood work that I should ask for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty sure with the mini pill it won't have affected you as much as the normal pill. Should take less time to return to normal. I don't know for sure so definitely check into that.

My advice would be start a journal and take close notice of your body.
    Cm will increase in your fertile week. Everyone is different, you don't have to see egg white type stuff. I've got pregnant cycles I didn't see it and I was tracking.
    You might find that your libido increase this week or that you feel bloated and moody in this week.
    It can take a few cycles of working out. Just bd when you feel like it in the mean time and maybe you will get a nice surprise!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

wishingnhoping  (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bluebird.
    I honestly have no idea what to look for. As for the few things you mentioned my libido is generally quite high, we do the BD generally every day ( some days more than once) but I do feel bloated and my moods are up and down at the drop of a hat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are BDing almost every day your chances of falling pregnant are good! I would use the app you have to track your symptoms and your cycles and when you are Oing. To know when you are in your fertile period and most likely Oing, you can monitor your CM as was mentioned. You can google image the diff types for clarity. You can also buy OPKs to test for ovulation which you can get at chemists or online. And if you want to you can also track your temperature each day using a basal thermometer. I've just started doing this and it's really interesting and the most accurate way to tell if you are Oing. I wish you all the best of luck and feel free to join the Feb TTC forum for group support.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to InterestedWoman For This Useful Post:

wishingnhoping  (02-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look up about sperm reproduction rates. If you bd a lot your partner might not have enough time to replenish lol
    Didn't have that problem with a houseful of kids lol but I have read things about it that everyday is no good for ttc.
    It could also potentially make it more difficult for you to track cm.