ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Geez I loved Sean having the gumption to speak up at that boy's night, and Simon's face showed his disdain too.

What a deplorable show of disrespect that was from Andrew and Anthony, yuck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheryl looking the way she does is bigger than her exercising her rights over her own body. Society tells her (she's 25) that it's 'hot' to look like that. Men & women would no doubt think she's hot the way she looks (she is!). But that doesn't mean she deserves to be treated poorly.

She talks about being misunderstood because of her looks. Yes, because society tells you to look hot, but then tears you down if you do because it's assumed you're promiscuous.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (09-03-2017),Mod-Wise Enough  (08-03-2017),Stiflers Mom  (09-03-2017),TheGooch  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't take the show seriously at all now. I'm getting seriously skeptical about the "reality" of any of it. It seems awfully scripted sometimes, and they are getting a bit lazy with the edits and video cuts. I'd be lying if I said I didn't half expect that Jonathan to just start appearing on weird kids shows or some B grade to movie and it turns out he was just an actor for the show because Cheryl was with Andrew from the start.

I like Simon and Sean as well as Alene and Susan. I think Alene is a bit of a personality clash with me so would struggle to get along but she doesn't have many faults. The other 3 though, I wish I could find them and be their friends. Sean sticking up for Cheryl and really putting himself in the firing line is huge. And you could tell it shattered him. I know Simon didn't do it to the same degree, but he really tried and the intention was there. Some people are more scared than others. But I give him A+ for effort. And Susan is just such a sweetie. She's totally what I would look for in a best friend.

I like Andy and Vanessa but I was disappointed in Andys reaction to the whole thing. But perhaps he said more and it was cut out. Who knows.

The twins are horrible. They may as well have just said "Cheryl, get over it, you're emotions don't count, my having a good time does". They just said it in a round about way. When Michelle has her *next* breakdown about how hard it is for her to not like Jesse, someone should tell her to get over it too. Like she basically did to Cheryl.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Reeve  (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt the same way about the twins, if it's not their problem they're not bothered!
    "Oh can't we just enjoy our dinner" wtf?
    Other people matter too Michelle!

I gave Andy a pass on the issue because it might be a PTSD thing with him.

I fancy the pants off Sean myself, he's just great and I hope they move heaven and earth to stay together.

I do think a lot of it is scripted, too.
    DH works with a guy whose partner works in the industry and he has told him that not a lot is left unscripted and directed.
    That's a bit confusing when we see the genuine couples but maybe it comes into play more with the ones who are struggling and maybe don't say very much, maybe they're coaxed into blowing up?
    Who knows.
    Past participants have said something similar about the show.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeahYeah View Post
    Cheryl looking the way she does is bigger than her exercising her rights over her own body. Society tells her (she's 25) that it's 'hot' to look like that. Men & women would no doubt think she's hot the way she looks (she is!). But that doesn't mean she deserves to be treated poorly.

She talks about being misunderstood because of her looks. Yes, because society tells you to look hot, but then tears you down if you do because it's assumed you're promiscuous.
    I don't agree.
    Not every 25 yr old is doing that to themselves.
    Lots of young women look hot but don't have to go that far to achieve it.
    It's called class and style.
    She does look promiscuous because she has chosen a way to look which is totally engineered by the p0rn industry.
    I see a girl looking like that and I think *issues*
    Something in her past is manifesting in an obsession with her looks.
    That kind of lifestyle can only lead to depression, and it attracts like minded individuals like Andrew, people who are only out for themselves.

If we are to believe she is genuinely looking for a husband, then what she's putting out is not matching what she wants to take in.
    So based on that, instead of encouraging her to dress "hot" I would advise her to take the implants out (or at least get more natural looking breasts) ease off on the injections and mostly importantly, book herself on a world travel adventure to go learn a bit about life, herself and what she wants.
    Invest on her mind rather than her body.
    The rest will fall into place and she will open up a world of like minded people and grow as a person.
    That kind of growth doesn't happen in a mirror or the other end of a selfie stick,
    but she'd want to get up and out there fast.
    At 25 she hasn't got all that much time left to be clubbing in tight dresses, especially if she wants more out of life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Lots of young women look hot but don't have to go that far to achieve it.
    It's called class and style.
    http://www.laurenharwyn.com/its-time...e-word-classy/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

YeahYeahYeah  (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was trying yo stay out of this thread but the recent comments I cannot read and ignore.

A woman or man can wear what they want. They can have surgery. Or botox/fillers. That does not give anyone the right to call names or treat them differently. It does not give anyone the right to say 'he/she asked for that comment because he/she dresses that way'.

If you do not like it well then don't take up the option. Some people like/want the option.
    @atomicmama - thank you for the link. It explains things well.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-03-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (09-03-2017),Mod-Wise Enough  (09-03-2017),TheGooch  (12-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I was trying yo stay out of this thread but the recent comments I cannot read and ignore.

A woman or man can wear what they want. They can have surgery. Or botox/fillers. That does not give anyone the right to call names or treat them differently. It does not give anyone the right to say 'he/she asked for that comment because he/she dresses that way'.

If you do not like it well then don't take up the option. Some people like/want the option.
    Perfectly said!

For the most part, I've not bothered responding to the comments because I've had the same conversation on BH before and I know it's just going to end in me wanting to bang my against a wall.

But the victim blaming mentality can't be ignored. Cheryl is no less deserving of respect because of the way she chooses to dress, or what modifications she has made to her body.
    The way she responded to the sexual remarks and bullying is admirable. There may have been things that were cut out, but from what we have seen, she has also been polite and respectful to everyone on the show.

Referring to people as having class, or no class, is so deeply ingrained in our society that it's not something I would expect people to be totally aware of the demeaning nature of the term.

I must say, though, Reeve's willingness to point out Cheryl's appearance as being the result of female submission to society's ideals, and then to follow with the use of 'class' to judge and compare based solely on appearance is contradictory.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Mod-Wise Enough  (09-03-2017),TheGooch  (12-03-2017),twinklify  (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post

Who said it was OK to call anyone names?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post

I must say, though, Reeve's willingness to point out Cheryl's appearance as being the result of female submission to society's ideals, and then to follow with the use of 'class' to judge and compare based solely on appearance is contradictory.
    Firstly, are you taking to me or about me?
    Why didn't you tag and address me?
    Secondly,
    Female submission?
    Hardly! She's doing what she thinks looks nice, and free to do so, but she's following trends and what I'm saying is she needs to stop and think, ask herself if she's headed the right direction.
    She's obviously not happy with who she's attracting, surely she can see why she's attracting that type.
    It's just fact.

I have big boobs.
    If I wear anything remotely strappy I stop traffic.
    Fact.
    I don't like the attention so I cover up in baggy tops and nobody gives me a second look.
    Maybe Cheryl is coming to terms with her new found shape and is not really liking the pervs out there who ARE disrespectful to her just because of how she looks.
    Maybe she's in the process of figuring that out.
    Or maybe she's lying and just looking for her 15 minutes.

Who cares.