+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is it age??

1st pregnancy: 23, clueless, poor diet but walked everywhere. No morning sickness. Barely even a day of feeling queasy.

2nd pregnancy: 25, slightly less clueless, slightly better diet, drove everywhere. Barely a day of feeling queasy, puked once after eating spicy noodles around 18 weeks pregnant.

3rd pregnancy: 32, marginally wiser, much better diet, walked everywhere.. barely a day of feeling queasy but constantly fatigued, and bordering on insane through the 1st trimester. Not kidding. Lost the plot. CAT team crazy. Ended in stillbirth at 24 weeks.

4th/current pregnancy: 7w4d. Have had awful nausea for almost 2 weeks. Slaughters me! Haven't puked (yet.. fingers crossed it stays that way).. it's all day queasies that come and go (coming more than going) and exhaustion!! With a severe Nutella addiction (yes I know it's awful stuff)..

Why???
    Is it my age? Lol I don't like it! And my boobies hurt!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just the luck of the draw I think!

I'm 42, first pregnancy, currently 18 weeks. No MS, no sore boobs, no exercise and eat basically whatever I feel like. Haven't gained much weight as yet. Feel great other than general tiredness.

It's just luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

MissLeeshy  (30-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    First pregnancy 22 - HG for 38 weeks, 6 stays in hospital, zofran from 9 weeks, violently vomiting during c-secion and then relief.
    Second pregnancy 25 - Bad MS / ectopic surgery at 9 weeks
    Third pregnancy 27 - Horrendous HG again still vomiting at 21 weeks, 4 stays in hospital to date (I am managing much better now I know what to expect), zofran from 7 weeks.
    So I don't think it is age related! I hope you get some relief soon!
    Most important thing is to stay hydrated.

Edit: Active throughout all pregnancies, walk everywhere (we don't have a car) eat mostly organic whole foods, yoga 3 times a week etc. I've tried everything natural to "cure" MS.
    Last edited by michellead; 30-01-2017 at 19:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Its luck.

I was 25 when pregnant with DS. Had bad nausea from about 4 weeks that was manageable without any meds. It was worse at evening/night. Went away at about 14 weeks.

DD - not one symptom until almost 8 weeks. Then I was so so sick. All day every day. On Zofean daily until 18 weeks. I still had varying nausea daily until birth.

Both pregnancies were very different in other ways too so it's just luck of the draw really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have only had one full pregnancy and had HG for 37 weeks (with a 2 weeks break around 18-20 weeks).

My mum had seven pregnancies, and only had morning sickness with the middle one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im going with luck of the draw, or lack of luck. Two pregnancies, both terrible ms for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I think it's it's luck. I'm 37, just had my first baby and my pregnancy was just like Blossom74 described.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is luck.. First pregnancy at 37... A little queezy in first trimester.. But that was about it. Second pregnancy ended in early mc and pretty similar. Third and current at 40 yrs seems similar to first.. Though more tired with a busy toddler. I am in the lucky barrel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So random! I have nothing but the utmost sympathy and respect for women who experience HG.
    A friend of mine had it so severely that she had to terminate, or it would have killed her and the baby. What an awful condition to have..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MissLeeshy For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (31-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    (22yo) 1st pregnancy, a bit queasy until 12 weeks and then nothing. No vomiting.

(24yo) 2nd pregnancy, HG. Throwing up from before a positive pregnancy test up until he was a few days old. Between 8-20 weeks I lived wholly on canned soup watered down Gatorade as it was the only thing I could minimally keep down.

(25yo) 3rd pregnancy, queasy until about 10 weeks. Threw up twice.

(26yo) 4th pregnancy, no morning sickness.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

MissLeeshy  (31-01-2017)