+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default Working Pumpers!

How many of us are out there that are pumping at work so Bub can have EBM. I'm in a few mummy groups and I seem to be the minority. At childcare my daughter is the only one there that has EBM and it's a huge double centre.

I just dropped off all my freezer stored EBM this morning so they can keep it in their freezer. It was 3.7L!!!

Is it unrealistic to maintain? Any tips of the trade? How often are you pumping?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I pumped at work with DS. I only worked part time so my supply was fine. I also just dropped off whatever milk for the day as they do not have a freezer.

When I started DS was just over 10 months. I pumped twice a day. I also fed on drop off and pick up.

Once he was over 12 months I ended up only pumping once. Then after 18 months I dropped the pumping and only fed on drop off and pick up.

If I was full time I would've pumped twice a day for longer for supply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I pumped from when DS2 was 9mths until 14mths. Pumped twice initially then once per day. Only got around 80-120mls per pump. Left ebm at daycare for DS they were fine in using it. Now he has cows milk as i dont pump anymore he's 17mths. I just feed like normal at home. As soon as he sees me at daycare after work though i have to feed him straight away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm only working part time but still pumping for 13 month old DD and have been since she was five months old. There are two nurseries at her centre and I've never seen any other ebm in the fridge or written in the bottle register. She's got a cows milk protein intolerance (initially soy too but that has now eased) and wouldn't go near the special formulas (getting any ebm in is hard enough!) so I haven't really had much choice.
    With my work I just get one long break in the middle of the day so I've pumped then as well as off one side as soon as I get home and DD has the other side. I also have fed her as much as possible in the morning and at drop off. I have a double pump but tend to use it as a single so that I have a hand free to eat lunch at the same time.
    There have been times that I've found it stressful wondering if I can keep enough in the freezer but I've always just managed and it helps she only has small amounts. I expressed until 17 months with my DS and expect to do the same or longer for DD. I am definitely looking forward to having my lunch break back though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 back in 07 i pumped 2 times a day took home 500ml each time after a couple of months I'd had enough and gave him formula for the day and boob morning and night. He kept going with the stash I had in the freezer for nearly 4 months when I stopped all together when he was 8months as I was losing to much weight

DS2 will be 11months when I go back in June but he is starting 1 day a week in march.

I've already got about 5L in the freezer that i rotate now with his night boob bottle feed. I've also thrown out that much aswell as I had so much I didn't realise it plus dp left the freezer door open and it half defrosted and I wasn't taking a chance

Ds goes to bed at 7pm each night and has a boob bottle with 200mls in it but he struggles to finish it most nights

7pm to 5am sleeps
    5am boob
    730 he is up again but has breaky but my boobs are full full so I pump this off and get around 200mls which I freeze.

He feeds off me 2/3 times during the day

Last feed 630/7pm

But I kept his 9pm feed going which he dropped way back in sept. I get around 300mls. 200mls for next night bottle and 100mls to freeze

So I freeze 300mls a day most days not every day as he wants more sometimes during the day

He to is dairy intolerant like LB possibly is aswell and I've been dairy free since sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Gosh the things we do.

I'm really not enjoying pumping but my absolute love of breastfeeding is cheering me on.

I've increased the amounts I'm pumping in 24 hours. Not sure if it's extra pumping, poweraid, almond milk, fenugreek, blessed thistle or motilium haha!

I had to tell childcare to please not feed LB from 5pm onwards. I always get there between 5 and 5.30 and is prefer to put her on the breast than waste EBM. Yesterday I got there and she was happy on a cushion sucking her finger. They had literally just started hearing up some milk for her. If she's upset then they can of course feed her but she was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Gosh the things we do.

I'm really not enjoying pumping but my absolute love of breastfeeding is cheering me on.

I've increased the amounts I'm pumping in 24 hours. Not sure if it's extra pumping, poweraid, almond milk, fenugreek, blessed thistle or motilium haha!

I had to tell childcare to please not feed LB from 5pm onwards. I always get there between 5 and 5.30 and is prefer to put her on the breast than waste EBM. Yesterday I got there and she was happy on a cushion sucking her finger. They had literally just started hearing up some milk for her. If she's upset then they can of course feed her but she was fine.
    Just on the daycare feeding in the arvo, I'd ask them no milk after 3pm for a 5pm pickup then DS would be hungry enough to have a decent breastfeed at daycare before the next 20mins home. I asked them to give water or more food and distract. DS was happy and even now at 17mths i sit and breastfeed him at daycare before heading home

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Her last feed is generally around 3. They have been following it which is great. She's not having solids of water yet but it is only 2 weeks away. I handed 3L to them in the morning. That's 2 weeks worth of pumping. Today/yesterday she had 3x 150mls.