+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My babe is 9 weeks old and is just like yours. Wants boob all through the day, then sleeps from 8-4am. I feel blessed to get this much sleep! The first two were totally different, feeding probably every 2-3 hours around the clock, so waking several times to feed overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you all again mummies
    I have had a formula bubba
    (he's now 9 🙈) But this time managed to stick out breast feeding longer then 3 weeks had a lot of supply issues first time around. It's all 100% a personal choice and totally understand all opinions as I've been on both sides. Was just very curious as to if I was doing something wrong for him to be feeding so often

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son fed every 1-3 hours to start with (for the first ten weeks he fed for aaaages, he was on the boob a lot haha), I made a conscious effort to stretch it out to 3-3.5 hours when he was about 5/6 months to get him on a routine. He kinda dropped feeds on his own after that and weaned at 11.5 months to one bottle before bed. His sleep has been up and down.

I'm 29 weeks pregnant with number 2 and while I plan to demand feed for the first few weeks to establish a good supply, I will probably try to stretch out feeds out and get a feeding routine happening a little earlier. I think that DS would comfort/snack feed a lot (which was good in some ways - easy way of settling, bonding, he was an amazing grower) but I think it gave him wind sometimes and contributed to his sh*tty sleeping. I know formula doesn't necessarily make them sleep better but I think having a good routine does (and like somebody said, you might be more likely to have a feeding routine when doing bottles).

Anyway we'll see how it goes, I'm sure this new bub will mess up my plans anyway