+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    That is still not true.
    I am not sure what is not true.

I never said all formula fed babies sleep better thru the night.. I said generally ...

I said GENERALLY mummies who formula feed have more unbroken sleep. If you look at a large amount of women.. Not just a family with one kid that slept and one that didn't.

Of course every baby is different.

Again not wanting to getting into an argument about 1 versus another but will provide info on my experience and that of other mothers I know who have also chosen to bottle feed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (31-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is still not true.

Yes BM and formula are different. But so is every baby. Every personality and temperament are different. Every metabolism is different. Therefore it does not matter what food source whether it is formula or BM will be processed differently by every single baby.

I was a formula fed baby. I did not sleep. My brother was formula fed. He slept.
    It is true in our experience. That is all. Opinions. That differ from yours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    It is true in our experience. That is all. Opinions. That differ from yours
    In the breastfeeding section.

I was pointing out that the information provided was wrong.

Of course experiences differ. I have said that. Even between my 2 BF babies their sleep is different. And the differences between my family and friends who all have kids both BF and FF differ. Some sleep. Some don't. Some feed more often. Some don't. Both BF and FF.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (31-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 9 month old is exclusively breastfed and has 4 feeds a day. Doesnt wake over night for a feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How often?

To be fair, I do think that bottle feeders are more LIKELY to sleep better- more so as you are more likely to develop a routine with feeding - a specific amount in a bottle at a set time- as opposed to demand feeding here and there when breastfed. And it is proven that it DOES take longer to digest. And they are less likely to fall asleep with a bottle as opposed to on the breast so this encourages self settling earlier.

However, there are many many reasons to continue breastfeeding and there is no reason why you CAN'T have a good sleeper when BF, just like you still can have a bad sleeper when bottle feeding. But it does make it a little easier to establish a routine and longer sleep if bottle feeding.

I say this as a pro breastfeeder who has breastfed both my girls into toddlerhood.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (31-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the breastfeeding section.

I was pointing out that the information provided was wrong.

Of course experiences differ. I have said that. Even between my 2 BF babies their sleep is different. And the differences between my family and friends who all have kids both BF and FF differ. Some sleep. Some don't. Some feed more often. Some don't. Both BF and FF.
    Woops sorry I didn't realise what section I was in. It just came through as a new post. I will bow out now

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (31-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    Woops sorry I didn't realise what section I was in. It just came through as a new post. I will bow out now
    I know you meant no offence.

But as a breastfeeder providing support it is incredibly frustrating when somebody comes along and says their baby sleeps better as they are on formula lol. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (31-01-2017),Hopeful37  (31-01-2017),M'LadyEm  (10-02-2017),rosey82  (31-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    By 4 months my DD was waking at 12pm and 4am for BF. At least 3 mums in my mothers group switched to formula to encourage longer sleep at night at the 4 month mark (generally a crappy age for babies sleep) - did they sleep longer? No. I can't think of a single person I know IRL who's baby slept more on formula.

Sure FF babies will probably be on more of a routine, but you have to remember to take a bottle with you if you go out, wash everything etc etc. Your boobs are always available.
    I get sick of people suggesting formula to somebody who is asking for breastfeeding support. If mum & baby are both happy breastfeeding, baby is gaining weight etc there is no need for formula. That doesn't mean you can't change your mind down the track, but sometimes with breastfeeding you just need a bit of support, somebody to tell you what your baby is doing is normal and the tough times will pass.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (31-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. My daughter is 10 months. She has always been exclusively breastfed. (started solids at 3 months). She sleeps from 8 or 9 at night till 6 in the morning, she will then have a drink... Sometimes she falls back to sleep for an hour or so sometimes she just wakes up...
    During the day she has probably 4 or 5 decent drinks. But she is also offered water and drinks that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd was exclusively bf and started doing 10 hrs straight at night at 14w and 12 hrs straight when solids started .

Bf every 1.5-2.5 hours in the day until around 8 mths