+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd is 10 months tomorrow. She gets a feed when she wakes and one before bed. So roughly 7:30, 12, 4, 7. Then if she wakes overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How often?

DS2 is 6.5 months and has 4/5 feeds a day and atm he sleeps from 7 to between 4 and 630am. I pump off certain feeds to keep them going as an incase and for when I go back to work in June
    He also has breaky lunch an afternoon snack and dinner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At 8 months my ds2 feeds on waking and then usually 3-4 times during the day and before bed. At night, Lordy could be every hour, he might stretch it to 2 hourly but he's teething so it's pretty often. 7-8 times from 7.30pm- 6.30am is an average night for us. He has 3 meals during the day so doesn't want milk as often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks all that's great to know. Just questioning myself obviously as we do at times I got a maybe you should change to formula since he's fuller longer but I thought it was pretty standard :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How often?

For comparison purposes.. I formula feed my bub from early on. She fed about 8 -9 times per day for about the first 2 weeks.. By a month she was 6-7 feeds per day however she was starting to sleep at times up to 5 hrs overnight. From 6 to 10 weeks she was feeding thru the day with her last feed at 11pm and would wake at about 6am. At 10 weeks I was so tired one night as we were overseas on holidays and fell asleep before waking her for her 11pm feed.. She slept right thru.. So slept 10-11 hrs over night. Stopped the 11pm dream feed and she has slept thru about 11hrs from about 10 weeks. Even now.. As a 2 yr old.. She sleeps from 7pm to 8am each night... So has always been a baby that needed a lot of sleep. I am having number 2 and as a single mother with a toddler and little help I could not possibly survive on such broken sleep and will be choosing to bottle feed again. It's everyone's choice.. And I understand what may be best for one is not best for someone else.. But thought I would give you some info from the other camp.. For comparison purposes.

Good luck !
    Last edited by kylie764; 31-01-2017 at 07:54.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

2ndchancesuprise  (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    For comparison purposes.. I formula feed my bub from early on. She fed about 8 -9 times per day for about the first 2 weeks.. By a month she was 6-7 feeds per day however she was starting to sleep at times up to 5 hrs overnight. From 6 to 10 weeks she was feeding thru the day with her last feed at 11pm and would wake at about 6am. At 10 weeks I was so tired one night as we were overseas on holidays and fell asleep before waking her for her 11pm feed.. She slept right thru.. So slept 10-11 hrs over night. Stopped the 11pm dream feed and she has slept thru from about 10 weeks. Even now.. As a 2 yr old.. She sleeps from 7pm to 8am each night... So has always been a baby that needed a lot of sleep. I am having number 2 and as a single mother with a toddler and little help I could not possibly survive on such broken sleep and will be choosing to bottle feed again. It's everyone's choice.. And I understand what may be best for one is not best for someone else.. But thought I would give you some info from the other camp.. For comparison purposes.

Good luck and hope things improve.
    But every baby is different. And formula does not equal overnight sleep. There are many babies drinking formula that wake frequently and many BF babies that sleep 12 hours at night.

My DS and DD both do not sleep through. DD certainly sleeps better than DS did though.

He fed for comfort a lot. He also fed frequently and even now eats smaller meals but more often.

She tends to have bigger drinks spaced out - but increases when teething/leaps/growth spurt.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (31-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 5 month old Bub bottle fed too. Slept through from 7 weeks 8.30-6am. Now does 4-5 feeds a day about 3 hours apart. Now sleeps 12 hours at night. Will normally always drink the recommended amount for his age by the end of the day. If he is short on one feed it evens itself out the next seems to keep him full

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    But every baby is different. And formula does not equal overnight sleep. There are many babies drinking formula that wake frequently and many BF babies that sleep 12 hours at night.

I know formula does not guarantee overnight sleep.. But due to the differences in how babies digest formula (ie a lot slower) compared to breastmilk.. Babies who are fed formula are fuller for longer and generally wake up less frequently at night due to having a full belly. This is how my paed explained it to me. I don't want to get into an argument about one vs another.. But you will find mummies who formula feed generally will get more unbroken sleep... Due to their babies bellies being fuller for longer due to how it is digested.

Again.. Everyone's choice but was providing the info for comparison purposes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know formula does not guarantee overnight sleep.. But due to the differences in how babies digest formula (ie a lot slower) compared to breastmilk.. Babies who are fed formula are fuller for longer and generally wake up less frequently at night due to having a full belly. This is how my paed explained it to me. I don't want to get into an argument about one vs another.. But you will find mummies who formula feed generally will get more unbroken sleep... Due to their babies bellies being fuller for longer due to how it is digested.

I agree with this. Seems be be in my case as well

And It's good to have a different point of view from formula feed babies too

Thanks
    Reviews

That is still not true.

Yes BM and formula are different. But so is every baby. Every personality and temperament are different. Every metabolism is different. Therefore it does not matter what food source whether it is formula or BM will be processed differently by every single baby.

I was a formula fed baby. I did not sleep. My brother was formula fed. He slept.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (31-01-2017)