+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @postie I hope so too!!! mind you I've decided if we don't catch this month we will wait until May to start trying again as we already have a 4 year old born in December and a 12 year old born in January, so if we can help it I want to avoid those birth months! its already so hectic around that time of the year.
    P.S Just curious,
    my hubby used to be a postie ages ago... is that what ur name is referring to?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ducki151 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (20-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ducki151 certainly is what my username is all about. How original, hey? Lol.

I had to laugh about waking until May. We have a lot of birthdays all together in my family and often jibe my parents about why they didn't think to space things out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In Sydney, I see Lily Liu. She is amazing and highly recommended

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'm so glad I found this thread! Sorry to crash OP but I thought I would share my story here too and ask for some advice. I'm 37 and up until September last year had been on the pill from the age of 20. I can't remember having any issues with my hormones prior to taking the pill and felt great the entire time I was on it. I came off in September 2016 because my DP and I were trying (but not trying) for a pregnancy. Lo and behold by early November I found out I was pregnant. We were thrilled because we thought it would take much longer if at all to get pregnant. The thought of a miscarriage didn't even cross my mind. However, sadly on 17th December I miscarried. DP and I thought we would wait a few months before trying again. Now I've never been very skinny or anything, but I've always been around a size 10 and my weight would only fluctuate by a few kg. That was up until either I came off the pill, or became pregnant, or miscarried. I couldn't tell you what caused it but since then, I've put on about 8-9 kg, mostly around my breasts and tummy region, always feel hungry, but I haven't actually changed my eating habits. I have more facial hair and my period is heavier than before. I'm thinking I have some kind of hormonal imbalance and I'm seeing a naturopath (waiting to do some tests and get results) but I too would like to know if anyone has had this issue, or if anyone has had success with acupuncture and Chinese medicine? @Mumma1710 I have looked at Lily Liu's website and I'm so tempted to make an appointment but I'm a little skeptical. Also a little broke... is she expensive? And is there a long wait? Can you please tell me if you've had success with her? Again sorry for crashing and sorry for the long post!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We had been ttc for 8 months when i decided to try acupuncture, my luteal phase was too short for actually conceive. I had one session of acupuncture before my fertile period and that cycle we fell pregnant and now that little munchin is almost 2!

Hopefully you get your bfp soon

7. The Following User Says Thank You to curlybird For This Useful Post:

Sweetbabydreams  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybird View Post
    We had been ttc for 8 months when i decided to try acupuncture, my luteal phase was too short for actually conceive. I had one session of acupuncture before my fertile period and that cycle we fell pregnant and now that little munchin is almost 2!

Hopefully you get your bfp soon
    Thank you! Can you tell me approximately how much you had to pay per session?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pay $65 per session but we are regional.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

Sweetbabydreams  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily Liu is $140 for initial consultation, then $85 for each acupuncture session. I'm with BUPA so I get $26.40 back. The herbs are the expensive part. For 3 weeks worth of herbs it was $950, then additional herbs were on average around $300 per week. I get nothing back on herbs through the health fund. I'm also not allowed any alcohol, diary, wheat or sugar. It hasn't been a fun 2 months!!

But every month since I can remember I have had serious pain (with clotting and very heavy) with AF due to endometriosis and fibroids. Last month was the first month that AF was light, no clotting and had hardly any pain. This alone is worth the money!

This is my last go at IVF, so I am putting everything I can into it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumma1710 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thought I would also add that Lily has a wall of thank you cards and pictures of babies at her practice, she is called the baby maker of Sydney!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mumma1710 good luck with your ivf, fingers crossed this is it for you! When do you do the ivf?

We have been doing herbs and acupuncture since December now. I'm off the herbs at the moment and as crazy as it sounds I miss them! Things just feel better when I'm in them, I feel more balanced and healthy. We have decided to stay on the herbs as maintenance after we get lucky, and that's saying something considering it takes like drinking dirt lol