+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Given that you have already had a 4.7 kg baby, you are a good candidate for an ECV. The success rate is much better for mums who are pregnant with second and subsequent babies. They baby could also turn anytime on her own accord. I know someone whose baby flipped from head down to breech while in labour (was her 6th child).

No matter what happens in the pregnancy, I would strongly recommend that you discuss having the baby's hips ultrasounded after she is born. My breech DD's hips were pronounced normal at birth. An ultrasound at 6 weeks revealed she had severe hip displacia in both hips. She wound up in a Pavlic Harness for a few months.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

AmyEL  (30-01-2017),Sirena89  (30-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SecretSquirell yes I did read about hips. I was telling Dh tonight about it to remind me later . I m scared of ecv mainly because of the risk of placental abruption. Also I have very irritable uterus with very strong Braxton hicks all the time. I have never had an epidural either as I m petrified of it. But will discuss ecv with ob further at my 36 week app if bub hasn't turned by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SSecretSquirrel what happened to the lady? Did she birth vaginaly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirena89 View Post
    @SSecretSquirrel what happened to the lady? Did she birth vaginaly?
    No she had a c/s.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't personally had a breech vaginal birth but know a few people who have. If your OB is supportive of it then I think thats great you have the support as she thinks you have a good chance of a vaginal birth and she must be breech birth trained. Bubs can turn up until labour though

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

Sirena89  (30-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    No matter what happens in the pregnancy, I would strongly recommend that you discuss having the baby's hips ultrasounded after she is born. My breech DD's hips were pronounced normal at birth. An ultrasound at 6 weeks revealed she had severe hip displacia in both hips. She wound up in a Pavlic Harness for a few months.
    I second this, my DD was diagnosed at 4.5 months... she flipped at 36.5w... often those that are born head down but where late turners get missed with the usual breech baby hip screening. So I would ask to be treated as if Bub was breech as they she get retested at 6 months as some present late.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Sirena89  (30-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a successful ECV at 36 weeks with my first baby. He was born 4kg at 40+2 I decided to try the ECV and my second option was a C Sec, I wasn't keen on vaginal breech birth as it was my first but maybe for my fourth I would have considered it!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fi Poledancer For This Useful Post:

Sirena89  (03-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My second baby was breech. I had a c-section (as I have never had a natural birth, it was my second baby so I would've been attempting a VBAC, and I have a bicornuate uterus). My OB is very pro vaginal birth. He said he would've been happy to attempt a vaginal breech birth, if I had previously had a vaginal birth and my first baby's head size wasn't too big (they don't care about weight as much as head size). However, he felt the risk was too high for me.

My baby had a hip ultrasound at 2 weeks and then at 6 weeks. It is standard for my hospital to refer all breech babies for hip ultrasounds. I understand this is because the risk of hip dysplasia is much higher. Luckily, my baby's hips were fine.

I have had friends do acupuncture to get breech babies to turn.
    Last edited by hollypolly; 31-01-2017 at 18:42.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hollypolly For This Useful Post:

Sirena89  (03-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just for your info, these are risk factors for DDH (Hip Dysplasia)

http://www.healthyhipsaustralia.org....ness_flyer.pdf

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

hollypolly  (01-02-2017),Sirena89  (03-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if this is still relevant, but I delivered my third baby vaginally two weeks ago, and he was a surprise breech. We were induced at 34+5 and my OB scanned him before starting the induction. Cephalic. He was scanned again 12 hours later. Still Cephalic. It became clear he needed to be delivered quite quickly so she put forceps on and .... breech. Midwife and OB were shocked. God only knows how he got his head out of my pelvis and flipped himself over, or when! So I had a forceps, breech delivery and thank goodness he was only 5lb 2oz so I didn't tear or need an episiotomy.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Wickedly Happy For This Useful Post:

Sirena89  (03-02-2017)