+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paruayanna View Post
    Got back from the doctor's and he suggested to end the pregnancy with tablets. I am really scared now. Has anyone had any experience with medicine abortion? Is it really painful or manageable?
    Is it possible you ovulated later? Maybe wait another 10 days and have another scan before making any decisions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by paruayanna View Post
    Got back from the doctor's and he suggested to end the pregnancy with tablets. I am really scared now. Has anyone had any experience with medicine abortion? Is it really painful or manageable?
    Sorry that you are going through this. I had a blighted ovum last year and decided on the medical termination. I found the tablets weren't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There was some strong cramps and some bleeding but it only lasted a 2 hours. I just sat on the toilet for the worst of it.

They gave me some tablets 2 days before which cut the progesterone off and then the misoprostol after that which was 4 tablets 2 hours apart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a blighted ovum one of my pregnancies. I found out at an 8 weeks dating scan that there was nothing in the sac. I chose to wait it out, because I wasnt given a tablet option and didnt want to risk a D&C. So eventually at 12 weeks it all ended itself. It wasnt a pleasant experience to wait that long, it wasnt painful, there was mild cramping but there was a lot of contents expelled. I wont go into detail unless you want to PM me. But it was very unpleasant to have waited that long and I was very thankful I was at home when it happened. Honestly, after that experience, if it happened again, I'd just end it medically asap and start over. It isnt a baby, it is an empty sac. It was never going to be a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot for your messages about medical abortion. I did it on friday and i was well prepared with the pain medications and hot water bottles. Experience was not bad as the above two posters have mentioned and i am thankful for them. Sorry can not see ur names as i am typing on my phone. I am so grateful to all who posted in my very stressful times. I am still bleeding and its very light not much so dont know if the abortion is complete or not. Whole time i waited for strong cramps to come but they did not come and i passed out little bit of stuff so not sure. Passed some clots that were big within few hours and after that only light bleeding. Thanks a lot again for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently 13 weeks, my HCG levels started dropping at 10 weeks, and was told on two occasions that it means imminent miscarriage..... my scan showed a normal foetus at 10 weeks but the doctor couldn't explain it..... she said just wait til the 12 week and see I might just be "an unusual case" just completed 12 week scan and everything was fine.... just because you don't fit into the norm don't worry unnecessarily.... that is only going to harm the situation more than help it