+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for help, empty getational sac at 7 weeks, HCG levels not rising

Hi, I am looking for some positive feedback here. I am 7 weeks plus and had my first scan at 7 weeks. Tech could not find foetus or yolc sac. Asked for hcg levels. My hcg levels are 39,000 at 7 weeks and after 48 hours only 41,000. I am waiting for my second scan after two weeks. Has somebody some positive feedback to give to me where they saw their hcg not rising still had healthy pregnancies. I have pregnancy symptoms and no bleeding or cramping. Have a very healthy 5 year old too. Please give your input. thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The first question I would like to ask is when you had your BT's (39000 and 41000) were they done at the same lab? The reason is that there can be a HUGE variance between labs and I had the shiz scared out of me when I went to a new lab and my numbers barely rose.

We didn't see a sign of our bub until our 8 week scan. The 8 week scan was meant to be confirming it was ok for us to proceed with a D&C, as they had previously advised I had an empty sac. Then at the 8 week scan, there he/she was! Measuring to date, and HB of 163! Until that point we'd not even seen the yolk sac or fetal pole. Apparently I have a tilted uterus and this may have made it more difficult to see.

So there is hope. I'd be asking for another repeat BT. I guess if the next one comes back low, and they still can't find bubs, things aren't looking great. But for now, I'd say it's too early to call and you're still in with a shot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for this positive message and i really hope everything turns out well for me. Yes hcg's were done at the same lab and dr said no need to repeat the test. Just wait for next US. I am readind posts after posts and preparing myself for the worst but hoping for the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very important to remain positive I think.

May I ask if this is an IVF pregnancy or a natural pregnancy? If natural it could simply be that you ovulated a little later than expected and your dates may be out.

Either way, I'd give it another week and re-scan. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did they do an internal or external u/s. Don't give up hope as PP has said I also had a retroverted uterus which makes it more unclear on an u/s early on but once internal was done we saw what we needed. Hang in there x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

1stBabyBump27  (17-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi it was internal US and i am having severe back ache now. I am hoping for the best. Thanks again for your kind words.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update

Hi all. A bit of update. Things are not looking good. Today had second internal us and tech could see yolk sac but no foetus so she said pregnancy is progressing but i am 9 weeks today and thhr gest sac was measuring only 7w. 2 d. Do u think it can be viable pregnancy now that yolk sac is presnt that was missing before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry you are going through this with the uncertainty.
    I can only say that my cousin experienced something very similar last year and was diagnosed with a blighted ovum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you are going through this but it sounds like a blighted ovum to me where the sac grows and you get small hcg levels but no foetus. If there is no heartbeat and your measuring 2 weeks behind it won't be long before you start bleeding and pass everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got back from the doctor's and he suggested to end the pregnancy with tablets. I am really scared now. Has anyone had any experience with medicine abortion? Is it really painful or manageable?