+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    about to do some passive agressive cleaning. DH was home, child free for 4 hours before he started work. He made dinner, put the dishwasher on (which I loaded before work) and put the whites which was 5 pieces of clothing on the line. Ignoring the massive basket of wet colour clothes that also needed to go on the line. Now its up to me to go pick up and clean and sweep. Ive already done the dishes and put that washing on the line.

Seriously DH. Time to step up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    about to do some passive agressive cleaning. DH was home, child free for 4 hours before he started work. He made dinner, put the dishwasher on (which I loaded before work) and put the whites which was 5 pieces of clothing on the line. Ignoring the massive basket of wet colour clothes that also needed to go on the line. Now its up to me to go pick up and clean and sweep. Ive already done the dishes and put that washing on the line.

Seriously DH. Time to step up
    I'm feeling all growly on your behalf!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so freaking proud of DD! Kindy is doing her a world of good. The kid who would barely look at - let alone speak to - anyone she didn't know really well has surprised me today by having an enthusiastic conversation with a total stranger and telling me how a bunch of kids wanted her to play so she did! So happy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

TableDancer  (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wondering if it is really necessary to separate whites from colours when doing laundry?
    I thought with modern dyes/washing machines etc it wasn't needed anymore, just a habit passed on.
    I've never separated whites, I've already got enough loads as it is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Wondering if it is really necessary to separate whites from colours when doing laundry?
    I thought with modern dyes/washing machines etc it wasn't needed anymore, just a habit passed on.
    I separate them. Maybe its habit.

We have loads of black clothes and find I can do a load of black and colours every week and whites every second week as we do not have/wear much white.

I would be interested to see if I am the only one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I always do but will wash with light coloured items. Some things still leech colour. If you read tags on things like denim etc, they will actually say that they can and will transfer colour. Last time I bought new jeans even my legs started turning blue haha. My aunt never separates anything and her whites are more of a Grey colour.

In saying that it's only DH and I so I only wash once a week and only do 4 loads. Whites/lights, darks, sheets and towels.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My laundry gets separated into lights and darks. My whites get put into a soaking bucking and then put through the wash with the light coloured clothing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am having a friend over for lunch. I have no idea what to serve. It's 40 degrees outside, I feel too morning sick to cook, and I don't know what cold options I could go and buy that would be safe for me to eat. Argh!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am... #20

Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I always do but will wash with light coloured items. Some things still leech colour. If you read tags on things like denim etc, they will actually say that they can and will transfer colour. Last time I bought new jeans even my legs started turning blue haha. My aunt never separates anything and her whites are more of a Grey colour.

In saying that it's only DH and I so I only wash once a week and only do 4 loads. Whites/lights, darks, sheets and towels.
    I do find if whites start looking "off white" I soak them in napisan first then chuck them through a regular wash with the other clothes, not often needed at all, and that brightens them up.

As for new jeans I wash first seperate but then I avoid washing them at all costs as washing is very bad for jeans. Maybe a wash every 10-15 wears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    I am having a friend over for lunch. I have no idea what to serve. It's 40 degrees outside, I feel too morning sick to cook, and I don't know what cold options I could go and buy that would be safe for me to eat. Argh!
    I have a recipe for a Thai beef salad if you want? All that requires cooking is the beef and some rice. Usually only takes about 30min in the oven for the beef and 10min in the microwave for rice. The rest of the ingredients are raw and cool the meal down substantially. It's delicious. I got the recipe from the chef at the resort we stayed at on our honeymoon. It was my staple lunch almost every day we were there.