Closed Thread
Page 8 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    relieved that DS has settled into secondary school really really well (apart from not settling into the walk over brutal hills near home to and from the bus stop - particularly in the morning when he has to catch the first bus at stupid o'clock).

cheesed off at DHHS making an appointment for 9.30 this morning, not turning up then calling at 5pm to cancel. I seriously had better things to do with my day.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (07-02-2017),HearMeRoar  (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Seriously hoping our power comes back on soon. It's 41 degrees outside, and we've just gotten two very tired grumpy kids settled in bed. If the house starts heating up, nobody's going to sleep well :|

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I am... #20

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Seriously hoping our power comes back on soon. It's 41 degrees outside, and we've just gotten two very tired grumpy kids settled in bed. If the house starts heating up, nobody's going to sleep well :|
    Oh no we have power at our place at the moment so now I'm crossing my fingers ours doesn't go out too hope it comes back on for you very very soon!
    ETA I've just seen SA is under load shedding not sure if you're in the western suburbs but they've taken semaphore to west beach off power for an hour and a half! How is that safe in this heat power in this state is outrageous.
    Last edited by gingermillie; 08-02-2017 at 18:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup, western suburbs. I'll be hanging out for 8:30 then - was hoping for a cold drink once the kids were in bed!

Hopefully once it cools down a little they won't need to continue the rotating load shedding... Crossing my fingers for you and others!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yup, western suburbs. I'll be hanging out for 8:30 then - was hoping for a cold drink once the kids were in bed!

Hopefully once it cools down a little they won't need to continue the rotating load shedding... Crossing my fingers for you and others!
    I hope it's back on very soon so you can have that drink @Renn!! They've taken out the whole south-east, the hills and other areas too now. I can't believe it's still so hot outside
    I had turned our air con off for a bit but when I heard about the load shedding I put it back on to keep the house as cool as possible in case we do get taken off! Having said that the ducted air con is only managing to keep the temp to 25 inside

Thanks
    Reviews

I hope it's back on very soon so you can have that drink @Renn!! They've taken out the whole south-east, the hills and other areas too now. I can't believe it's still so hot outside
    I had turned our air con off for a bit but when I heard about the load shedding I put it back on to keep the house as cool as possible in case we do get taken off! Having said that the ducted air con is only managing to keep the temp to 25 inside

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    It's shocking at my place. Being in the side of a hill with east west and west being our back windows it was horrible today. I've sent DS1 down the hill to my folks to sleep for the night because it cooler. I've even got the old water cooler out because it's working better then the air cond. The shedding has stopped now apparently. DP's mum rang like 5 times asking him to come down and fix the power for her. Yeah nup and asked to sleep up here to.....I'd rather suffer outside in the heat then have her here. DS2 is her only grandchild and the old bat totally ignores him. For Xmas she gave him $2 in a card and told him to go buy a toy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So excited, we are taking DS to see Bruce Springsteen tonight ( he's grown up with me playing him all the time so knows every song!)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (09-02-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (10-02-2017),Renn  (09-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Watching Border Security. There is a Chinese lady totally losing her $hit after being caught with undeclared food. I have never seen such a reaction before, it's insane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am also slightly confused. A FB friend has recently requested to join my local BSS page. This is a page for the eastern suburbs. She lives on the Gold Coast. Why? The first activity of hers on the page is commenting on someone's item for sale saying how lovely it is and that she wished she lived closer. I don't understand...