ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 997
  1. #411
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    5,499
    Thanks
    7,420
    Thanked
    6,211
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Waiting to see the surgeon for my 2 week post op appt. hopefully today I find out when I can get my right one done and then I can return to normal and look for work. Fingers crossed I don't have to wait months ! I want to feel normal again and not feel like an invalid
    Yay! That sounds positive I'm so pleased for you
    I had mine this morning. Not good news. Surgery failed which I suspected he's sending me for 3 sessions with a specialist physio to stabilize my pelvis and we go from there.

  2. #412
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    3,200
    Thanked
    5,417
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hopefully for your sake Louise that it's done sooner rather than later. I worked on an ortho ward for 12 months before I was qualified and it's a massive surgery to go through, let alone twice. I remember a handful of people who had both knees or hips done at the same time and 10+ years later I still can't work out if that's a good or bad way to go!

  3. #413
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,186
    Thanks
    2,125
    Thanked
    1,603
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck @Louise41!
    @gingermillie, I am sorry to hear the surgery didn't work. Thinking of you x

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (17-05-2017)

  5. #414
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,620
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    2,711
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Yay! That sounds positive I'm so pleased for you
    I had mine this morning. Not good news. Surgery failed which I suspected he's sending me for 3 sessions with a specialist physio to stabilize my pelvis and we go from there.
    Oh no. I'm so sorry. How did it go wrong ? Xxx

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (17-05-2017)

  7. #415
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,620
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    2,711
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Good luck @Louise41!
    @gingermillie, I am sorry to hear the surgery didn't work. Thinking of you x
    Thanks lovely. All good. Looks like right knee will be replaced in approx 3 months

  8. #416
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    5,499
    Thanks
    7,420
    Thanked
    6,211
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Oh no. I'm so sorry. How did it go wrong ? Xxx
    He's not really sure. He spent a long time umming and aahing about what to do. He thinks the lack of pelvic stability is a factor (I have osteitis pubis from pregnancy as well as a back injury) so he wants to attempt work on that before doing anything further.

  9. #417
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,620
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    2,711
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Hopefully for your sake Louise that it's done sooner rather than later. I worked on an ortho ward for 12 months before I was qualified and it's a massive surgery to go through, let alone twice. I remember a handful of people who had both knees or hips done at the same time and 10+ years later I still can't work out if that's a good or bad way to go!
    Thanks. I'm seeing the surgeon again in 4 weeks and he said he will see how I'm recovering and hopefully book me in for the right one I'm about August . 4 weeks ago I was saying how I wanted both done at once... omg I do not know how ppl do both at once ! The pain must be incredible

    Hope you're feeling well. Not long now xx

  10. #418
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,066
    Thanks
    6,577
    Thanked
    5,580
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    He's not really sure. He spent a long time umming and aahing about what to do. He thinks the lack of pelvic stability is a factor (I have osteitis pubis from pregnancy as well as a back injury) so he wants to attempt work on that before doing anything further.
    I'm sorry it didn't do anything to "fix" you. Hopefully plan b helps xx

  11. #419
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,620
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    2,711
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmm ok. I'm sorry that it didn't work out. Must be so frustrating for you. Can you get a 2nd opinion?

    Xx

  12. #420
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,620
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    2,711
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default I am... #20

    I am so frustrated! My dad has come down to help us out whilst I recover from my knee replacement. I'm not allowed to cook or do the washing and can't walk with out my 4 wheely walker . So today he decides that he will cook dinner. Great - gives hubby a huge break- que me cooking dinner as dad said it's too much for him- then as I'm sitting in my chair icing my knee, I get the clean bedsheets thrown on my lap to fold.. um it's impossible to fold queen bed sheets sitting in a chair and I can't stand up to fold them . So they are rolled up in a ball and hubby can deal with them. I'm over today and I have got 10 more days of this


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Melbourne Natural Medicine ClinicLeading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT