Closed Thread
Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am sad.
    Clearing out all the baby clothes into bags to get rid of them It's not a fun job and I am not in a good mood now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I am sad.
    Clearing out all the baby clothes into bags to get rid of them It's not a fun job and I am not in a good mood now.
    I went through all of DS's stuff a couple of weeks ago. It was horrible. I still have to go through and take pictures of the clothes that can be sold. I'm putting it off. It was a really draining day so I know how you feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I went through all of DS's stuff a couple of weeks ago. It was horrible. I still have to go through and take pictures of the clothes that can be sold. I'm putting it off. It was a really draining day so I know how you feel.
    I'm not selling any. Just going to ask a few of the people around that I know have babies if they want some, if not, will give it to a worth cause.
    It's just really hard though. Remembering when they wore this or that and how cute it was was etc.
    doesn't help that I want one more and hubby doesn't, so getting rid of all the baby stuff is the last nail in that coffin. I will feel better with it all gone and not being "rubbed in my face" though, I'm sure.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (29-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I'm not selling any. Just going to ask a few of the people around that I know have babies if they want some, if not, will give it to a worth cause.
    It's just really hard though. Remembering when they wore this or that and how cute it was was etc.
    doesn't help that I want one more and hubby doesn't, so getting rid of all the baby stuff is the last nail in that coffin. I will feel better with it all gone and not being "rubbed in my face" though, I'm sure.
    I did the reminiscing too. It's hard.

I would give the clothes to people with babies... if we knew any. So many of them were hardly worn, they're in perfect condition, and there are a lot of brand name things there because I went to DFO too often! I'm not sure if I want more, but I do know my anxiety can't handle it any time soon. And we just can't store them all for several years until I am past the toddler phase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Ahalfdozen and @Tiny Dancer I've kept my favourite baby clothes of DDs (still collecting til she turns 2) and I plan to have them made into a quilt that I can keep forever. Not sure if this would help but it's an idea

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Californication  (29-04-2017),HeavenBlue  (17-05-2017),Tiny Dancer  (29-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I am... #20

Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    @Ahalfdozen and @Tiny Dancer I've kept my favourite baby clothes of DDs (still collecting til she turns 2) and I plan to have them made into a quilt that I can keep forever. Not sure if this would help but it's an idea
    I've considered it - I think you mentioned it on another post and I thought it was a great idea. All my favourites are the ones I'll look at selling, so they haven't been binned or donated. They're just sitting there... or I've taken them out for DD to wear. I've got some - his coming home outfit, first outfit worn, his first Christmas outfit, the outfit he wore for DH's graduation/after his christening, his christening outfit - they are all in a tub with DD's first outfit and coming home outfit. I have been trying to be ruthless!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (29-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    My mum and I have just finished doing this with dd's most special baby clothes. This is the finished product.
    Oh my god @BettyV that is beautiful you don't happen to do this as a sideline do you?! For the talented sewing hubbers it might be a good little business opportunity!!
    Last edited by Mod-Degrassi; 23-05-2018 at 13:37.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (29-04-2017),HeavenBlue  (17-05-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (29-04-2017),TheGooch  (03-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am... #20

Another freaking double post getting annoying now

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am... #20

Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Another freaking double post getting annoying now
    No, my mum really deserves 90% of the credit. She did all the tricky bits! She has just retired though so maybe I should try to convince her this could be a lucrative hobby.

What I love the most is how much dd loves it. She loves to point to different squares and ask "where did I wear this?" It's very sweet.

ETA: lol! Oops quoted your double instead of the original.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (29-04-2017)