+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 953
  1. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,709
    Thanks
    3,306
    Thanked
    4,755
    Reviews
    9
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Nope
    I've had some great contractions while out in public today, but as soon as we went home because they were getting a bit much for being out and about.... they stopped and I've not had much since. She's never coming. I may as well just resign myself to the c-section.
    Big hugs tiny dancer, my daughter was a week overdue and that wait at the end is just hell. I'm not sure if you've tried this but lean forward as much as you can to get her head pressing on your cervix, so kneeling on the edge of a beanbag and lying forward, sitting on an exercise ball and balancing on the back of a chair, or even just standing and leaning on the kitchen bench. Good luck, I hope you wake up in labour tomorrow morning after a really good nights sleep!

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,152
    Thanks
    2,079
    Thanked
    1,585
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Big hugs tiny dancer, my daughter was a week overdue and that wait at the end is just hell. I'm not sure if you've tried this but lean forward as much as you can to get her head pressing on your cervix, so kneeling on the edge of a beanbag and lying forward, sitting on an exercise ball and balancing on the back of a chair, or even just standing and leaning on the kitchen bench. Good luck, I hope you wake up in labour tomorrow morning after a really good nights sleep!
    Thank you 😊 I've been leaning forward quite a bit anyway - my sacrum and coccyx are really sore and I can't sit for long. I haven't been doing it deliberately, so I will start to make a conscious effort.

    I tried some acupressure spots today. One seems to trigger a couple and then fizzle out. I've got some mild cramping this evening - but I have had that for about a week.

    I hope so too... except if the labour could hold off til mid morning, that would be great, because I don't have/can't get care for DS between 6am and 12pm tomorrow. At least, I can't without seriously inconveniencing friends who are doing me a massive favour.

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,039
    Thanks
    5,291
    Thanked
    4,135
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are all willing your bub out soon and safely @Tiny Dancer

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,039
    Thanks
    5,291
    Thanked
    4,135
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so proud of dd tonight - she ate a big piece of homemade chicken schnitzel (never eaten it before and loved it) AND 2 pieces of cucumber. Big win!

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

    JustJaq  (11-02-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (13-02-2017),Tiny Dancer  (11-02-2017)

  6. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,152
    Thanks
    2,079
    Thanked
    1,585
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I am so proud of dd tonight - she ate a big piece of homemade chicken schnitzel (never eaten it before and loved it) AND 2 pieces of cucumber. Big win!
    Go your DD!!! That is a super impressive effort!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (11-02-2017)

  8. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,039
    Thanks
    5,291
    Thanked
    4,135
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Go your DD!!! That is a super impressive effort!
    Thanks @Tiny Dancer I'm glad you appreciate it she has her set of favoured foods so I'm always so excited when she tries something new especially as she will only ever eat veg cooked in things (weird child won't even eat chips ) so munching on a bit of cucumber is a huge deal here!

  9. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,152
    Thanks
    2,079
    Thanked
    1,585
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Thanks @Tiny Dancer I'm glad you appreciate it she has her set of favoured foods so I'm always so excited when she tries something new especially as she will only ever eat veg cooked in things (weird child won't even eat chips ) so munching on a bit of cucumber is a huge deal here!
    DS is becoming increasingly restricted, so I understand how you feel. No veg here (though he's offered veg every day) except for chips, as most meals have become a no go for him in the last couple of weeks (even stuff he loved - he's also not eating much meat). Though, tonight, DH got the brilliant idea to try him on sausage rolls. Loved them! So now I will make up a big batch with veg hidden in them. At least I'll feel like he's getting some nutrients.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (11-02-2017)

  11. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    676
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked
    398
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tiny Dancer - how frustrating for you that the contractions just won't keep going. DS was born at 25 weeks so have no idea other than seeing how damn uncomfortable the end of pregnancy look.
    @gingermille - chicken schnitz & cucumber are the only 2 foods DS will regularly eat (he would happily exist just on that if he had his way). Yay to DD trying new stuff - even at 13 DS won't eat new stuff

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (11-02-2017),Tiny Dancer  (11-02-2017)

  13. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,039
    Thanks
    5,291
    Thanked
    4,135
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    DS is becoming increasingly restricted, so I understand how you feel. No veg here (though he's offered veg every day) except for chips, as most meals have become a no go for him in the last couple of weeks (even stuff he loved - he's also not eating much meat). Though, tonight, DH got the brilliant idea to try him on sausage rolls. Loved them! So now I will make up a big batch with veg hidden in them. At least I'll feel like he's getting some nutrients.
    I make mini sausage rolls with beef mince and grated carrot, zucchini, swede and turnip they're very yummy!
    I wonder if your ds is a bit freaked out about your growing belly and becoming a big brother? Hopefully in a few weeks when bub is settled in with you all he goes back to normal with his eating.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

    Tiny Dancer  (11-02-2017)

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,039
    Thanks
    5,291
    Thanked
    4,135
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    @Tiny Dancer - how frustrating for you that the contractions just won't keep going. DS was born at 25 weeks so have no idea other than seeing how damn uncomfortable the end of pregnancy look.
    @gingermille - chicken schnitz & cucumber are the only 2 foods DS will regularly eat (he would happily exist just on that if he had his way). Yay to DD trying new stuff - even at 13 DS won't eat new stuff
    She finally ate cucumber this week for the first time after countless tries over the past year! I think it's because we've been growing them and just randomly munching on them all the time lately. We had to peel the skin off for her but that's ok it's still progress!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

    Mod-Uniquey  (11-02-2017)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Cots on BubhubLooking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Starting ivf Octpregnancy and babies through IVF
Is being a Mum how you thought it would be?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
My advice dont waitConception & Fertility General Chat
High Natural Killer Cells #10Reproductive Immunology
Optimistic October TTCConception & Fertility General Chat
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›