+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiweeny View Post
    I have just applied to access my super (Sunsuper) to do another cycle of IVF. I've submitted everything to Centrelink and just awaiting their reply. Has anyone used their super for IVF? How long did you wait for an answer? Has anyone had their claim rejected???
    Im not in an IVF thread but I just wanted to check that you know that Centrelink counts early release of super as income. So depending on how much, make sure you add it in to your annual estimate of income or you might get a debt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishAsh View Post
    Hi ladies @Etalanta great information! Im currently with a low cost clinic but if it doesnt work out and decide to go for a pricier clinic accessing super would be such a help. Do you know if your DH can access his for the treatment of not?
    Hi @IrishAsh....I was given the option of applying to both my husband's super and my own super or just my own. So I think you can apply to access both supers for both yours and his treatments. Hope that helps. xo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Etalanta For This Useful Post:

IrishAsh  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have made an appointment with a psychiatrist that works with supercare but will see me as a private patient (I am not using Supercare). I went to get the referral from my doctor yesterday and she had no issues with providing me with this and will also complete the form I need to provide to DHS. She told me that she was going to write that I wasn't suffering any signs of depression as DHS won't approve it if you've been diagnosed with actual depression. When I contacted the psychiatrists office, I was told that the doctor didn't do me any favours writing no signs of depression of the form. Does anyone know if this is correct or not? From what I understood they needed to say you were suffering from anxiety due to not being able to get pregnant. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by georgieh View Post
    I have made an appointment with a psychiatrist that works with supercare but will see me as a private patient (I am not using Supercare). I went to get the referral from my doctor yesterday and she had no issues with providing me with this and will also complete the form I need to provide to DHS. She told me that she was going to write that I wasn't suffering any signs of depression as DHS won't approve it if you've been diagnosed with actual depression. When I contacted the psychiatrists office, I was told that the doctor didn't do me any favours writing no signs of depression of the form. Does anyone know if this is correct or not? From what I understood they needed to say you were suffering from anxiety due to not being able to get pregnant. Thanks
    Hi @georgieh....That is correct. There's an issue if your gp form says you are fine. Both the psychiatrist and gp forms must say you suffer a mental illness (e.g. depression and anxiety) to qualify for a release of super for ivf. I would suggest once you have your psychiatrist form which confirms a mental illness show that to your gp ask them to complete their form again or see another gp so both forms match. Hope that helps xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH and I are doing the DHS application for early release of super for IVF ourselves to save costs. Can anyone in Sydney please PM me the details of the psychiatrist they used for the early release of super for IVF application - thanks heaps in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI @Etalanta

Thank you so much sweetheart, I really appreciate this!

Would you mind sharing with me your Pyschiatrists info? I'm attempting to get mine released also

THANKYOU xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amberonline View Post
    HI @Etalanta

Thank you so much sweetheart, I really appreciate this!

Would you mind sharing with me your Pyschiatrists info? I'm attempting to get mine released also

THANKYOU xx
    Hi @amberonline....Just tried to send you a PM, but the computer says you need to post 5 or was it 6 messsages in the forums before you can receive PMs. Could you post a few more messages and then I can send you the details? Thanks. xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone has the details of a psychiatrist in Melbourne please PM me, I am trying to do the application process myself.
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gemma8

No problems will pm you.