ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    I don't. I scroll past and if they keep posting stupid **** I delete them or take their posts off of my newsfeed. I refuse to get involved with people's stupidity, especially on a public identifiable platform like FB.

Even though FB was originally intended for personal use it's really not anymore - people look you up in a professional capacity and I think people ranting about inappropriate things and others getting in and "correcting" idiots like a dog fight is pretty poor behaviour. No-one wins and everyone looks silly.
    ^ This. I make a concerted effort to ensure all my FB posts are trivial or comedic or whatever. I find it amusing how many people suddenly became experts in European politics with Brexit and now we've got Trump.. the guys probably a ****, but who knows how his presidency will go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A friend just wrote something about being glad NOT to be a doll bludger
    I'm soo tempted to write I'm glad you don't bludgeon dolls, that would be a concern...
    But I won't, so I'll write it here instead

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

amyd  (27-01-2017),babyno1onboard  (28-01-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (28-01-2017),mckel  (28-01-2017),Mod-Degrassi  (28-01-2017),Mod-Nomsie  (28-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't correct anything anyone posts on FB. I feel that we are all entitled to our opinions and no matter how incorrect I feel they may be, that doesn't lessen anyone's right to have views alternative to my own. If I find posts I don't agree with, or if they offend me, I just hide them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think I'm pretty lucky with my friends. Most of my FB is people I actually know IRL. Most of us have the same world view on things, so I haven't had anything I wouldn't tolerate posted by them. I have however, argued with friends of friends from time to time. I'm never ok with racism, casual or not. I've also commented on people's views on public pages, but I challenge the comment without resorting to name calling. Some people go way OTT with responding to comments they don't like, which is just as bad as the original comment if you ask me.

If I did have anyone on my page posting racist things, or degrading posts about women etc, I'd delete them no matter who they were. I shut family down IRL if they start, so deleting folks off FB is a no brainer to me. I don't want my kids being around people with those attitudes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Vaccination information that is not true or biased. Or I'll challenge people to provide reputable evidence to support statements.