ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What behaviour will you correct people for on FB?

Sort of a spin off. When on FB and it's not anonymous what will you pull people up on? Or unfriend for? Or be passive aggressive about?

I once got sick of all the local country bumpkins complaining about men being allowed to pee in the ladies toilet just because they were trans. I got sick of it eventually and posted a nice rant about how trans people were no more likely to be paedophiles than cisgender people and that I would rather **** next to a chick with a **** than a bigot.

I possibly got unfriended by a few people that night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't corrected anyone, haven't had anything too bad in my fb, but I did unfriend someone who provided commentary on how her pet's baby was slowly dying rather than taking the poor thing to the vet. This went on for a couple of days. Plenty of people were telling her to take it to the vet (even for euthanasia) but she said she didn't want to spend the $50 (when she could well afford it).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Fake news. Seriously, do a fact check before you share misinformation. I will post links to disprove your post.

Most people say, yeah but it's funny. Whereas I think this is why we have Trump and Brexit, so I don't think it's very funny at all

Cheers

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xkwzit For This Useful Post:

felicia81  (26-01-2017),HillDweller  (27-01-2017),Mod-Nomsie  (27-01-2017),Mod-Wise Enough  (26-01-2017),Tiny Dancer  (27-01-2017),White Mage  (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't. I scroll past and if they keep posting stupid **** I delete them or take their posts off of my newsfeed. I refuse to get involved with people's stupidity, especially on a public identifiable platform like FB.

Even though FB was originally intended for personal use it's really not anymore - people look you up in a professional capacity and I think people ranting about inappropriate things and others getting in and "correcting" idiots like a dog fight is pretty poor behaviour. No-one wins and everyone looks silly.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-01-2017),Alicia111  (27-01-2017),babyno1onboard  (26-01-2017),cheeeeesecake  (26-01-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Pretty much don't correct anyone, except for grammar errors.

I'm a bit over hearing about Donald Trump so I'm on the verge of 'unfollowing' a few friends (not deleting, just don't want to see their drivel). I've reached my limit with that stuff so it's either unfollow or take a break from social media. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Pretty much don't correct anyone, except for grammar errors.

I'm a bit over hearing about Donald Trump so I'm on the verge of 'unfollowing' a few friends (not deleting, just don't want to see their drivel). I've reached my limit with that stuff so it's either unfollow or take a break from social media. Lol
    Just FYI that there is also another solution some don't know about - you can go to the top right hand corner of their post and click "hide post", once you've done that you can then click "see fewer posts like this". It's actually pretty effective and I don't see a lot of reposted news articles my friends post way way too many of (eg Trump and OTT political crap - so tired of it). It just removes the type of stuff I select rather than everything - eg if they post something about a holiday it will show up, if they post a Trump rant/article it doesn't unless I visit their page.

Works a charm!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have too many people I disagree with on FB. My MIL has had some ignorant posts. I have unfollowed her (so has DH) for a long time.

I would not say anything to her as she will be very hurt and I just want to keep the peace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So much. So very much.

For fairly obvious reasons I despise cancer-awareness 'games' that do absolutely nothing for awareness or research etc. I have threatened on a couple of occasions to post photos of my mastectomy scar to give people real awareness if they kept posting that crap.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelda For This Useful Post:

Bel0v3d  (27-01-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I correct things that are clearly false and malicious. So many fake Muslim stories... the mayor of blah blah refused to bow to the Muslim communities demands and ban pork in school (since when does a mayor get to decide canteen menus?? And Muslims hadn't even asked). Muslims want the national anthem banned . Yet no one can ever name a school it's happened at.

It looks innocent enough but it's actually designed to make you feel angry that they are trying to impose their way of life on you. Then you push back. It's all rather clever and very very nasty.

And yes I will post fake when you share a link to win a Range Rover or Disney cruise. HOW DUMB ARE YOU ITS ALWAYS FAKE!!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (27-01-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (27-01-2017),Mod-Nomsie  (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot one I correct just the other day. I despise people who post photos of hurt or disabled children for likes. I always tell friends when I see them 'share' that they really shouldn't unless they know it's coming form the parents themselves.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zelda For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (27-01-2017),Stretched  (27-01-2017),Tiny Dancer  (27-01-2017)