ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have blood once but I passed out and had convulsions. The doctor told me there are many other ways to help and then wrote on my record that I'm not to donate blood again. I'm glad I did it through, I at least managed to help 3 people.

My father donates regularly. He was the one to inspire me to do it.

I need to do the paperwork to Bev put on the organ donor register. I just keep neglecting to do it. I've had the conversation with loved ones though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't donate blood as I've had a chronic fatigue syndrome diagnosis. Because there's no long term research on the condition it's one of the rules I'm 80% recovered and wish like anything I could donate. Who knows, the rule might change in my lifetime.

I am a registered organ donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did irregularly when I was younger. Then tattoos kind of stopped it and then I went on to babies and breast feeding etc and honestly just never found the time in the periods where I would have been ok.

Now I cant donate until at least 5 years after treatment when i hit 'cured' status and I'm uncertain whether the medication I will be on will prohibit me after that.

I am on the Donor Register but again, really not sure they'd want my organs at this point anyway. I assume not as there is evidence of damage from the chemo in a my liver and heart anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps registering as an organ donor is the easiest thing ever (if your My Gov is working, that is ☺ ). I was just checking some Medicare stuff one day and clicked through. A few minutes, and i was a registered donor! Easy!

Ps i didnt think it was still noted on licenses any more? But this might vary state to state.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (26-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What do people think of having an 'opt out' organ donor system instead? That is, people are presumed to consent to organ donation, except if they have noted an intention to opt out?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

DT75  (28-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm registered as an organ donor.
    I've never given blood but want to, for those that have, could I drive home afterwards (40 minutes)? Can kids be at the centre?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So very wonderful to see so many people donating their blood and willing to give their organs.
    So many directly affected by this, do you think this is what makes people realise how important it is?
    I think there needs to be more awareness in the media. I haven't seen an ad or anything for years???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Please please please donate blood! My wife had open heart surgery 8 days ago and lost so much blood. She then went into arrhythmia and they had to use the defibrillator to bring her out of it. Her body was ruined. Her two blood transfusions were life saving.

They saved her life. She sits here with me now because of donors. My daughter has a mother, I have a wife. Thank science for that.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (26-01-2017),michellead  (26-01-2017),Mod-Wise Enough  (26-01-2017),smallpotatoes  (26-01-2017),TandR  (26-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never donated blood before as I'm scared of needles. After almost dying last year and needing numerous blood transfusions to stay alive I realise what a weak excuse that is! I plan on becoming a regular donor now. I have to wait 12 months from when I had my transfusions before I can donate though.

I am, and have always been, on the organ donor register. I don't need my organs when I'm dead! So I'd much rather they went to save someone's life, or improve their quality of life.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Wise Enough  (26-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My parents donate as regularly as they are allowed. They donate plasma too