+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uninsured patient at NECH (SA)

Just wondering if anyone has delivered at NECH in Adelaide as an uninsured patient?
    I.e. Paid the total hospital fee on their own?
    If so, just wondering what the amount was?
    TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is that a private hospital? Sorry in Qld so not sure but if it is ... make sure you factor in possible costs if things unexpectedly go wrong. I went into hospital to deliver after uneventful pregnancy and had massive PPH. I was insured so no prob there for me but I saw some bills to pass on to PHI and the costs for labour, c-section, anaesthetist, ICU admission, emergency blood tests, X-rays, ICU physician, 2 weeks hospital, physio, and so on and so on. I always thought imagine if I'd been in hospital uninsured! Eek!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Amab2016  (28-01-2017),gingermillie  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in SA. Although I didn't deliver there I know how much my bill was for a c-sec with a 5 night stay at Ashford.

No change from $15,000 this does not include the bill from my OB you can add another $2100 gap if you have Medicare and then there is scans and bloods etc that's roughly another $2,000k

My ds was not admitted at all even though early by 3 weeks so you would need to factor that in aswell as an incase which is around $1000 a day for a baby if they admitted are being in a crib for more then 4 hours I think it is ?

Your need a minimum of $20,000 as an incase and when you discharge your expected to pay the bill

I have full insurance so my bill was zero

Your better off going public at W & C in north Adelaide rather then paying out that sort of cash

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Amab2016  (28-01-2017),gingermillie  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!

Both of my babies were delivered at NECH and we were fully insured so the hospital stay was only our excess.
    We had to pay our Ob fees also obviously.

After my son was born we removed obstetrics from our cover, however kind of had a panic last week and thought omg if we did accidentally fall pregnant again, what would we do!

I'm aware of all the costs related to ob, scan, blood tests, anaethesist etc, I was purely wondering just what the cost of the hospital stay might be if you were to pay it all yourself.

Thanks again 😀