+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello. Feeling very nervous

Wanted to intro myself and say how nervous I am. I'm 41 and nearly (meant to be) 8 weeks however last week I went for a scan as what should've been the 7 week mark and bubs was only measuring 6w2d and no heartbeat was detected. They told me I had to come back in a week's time which is in 2 days. Hence I'm feeling sick that I may have lost my bub. I miscarried in July last year at 4 weeks so this will be such a blow if it happens so again. Given my age I'm acutely aware I'm rapidly running out of time and this is adding to the stress. Any other 40 plus ladies out there that can relate? I'd love to hear some success stories right about now to boost me up a bit. Both pregnancies to date occurred naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi and congrats @Bunnysmum! That first initial scan can be tough especially when you don't get that great news first up. Dates can also vary between one and two weeks, don't be too concerned if bub doesn't measure up to exact dates. I've been in your exact situation twice, first time I was sent home to wait a miscarriage, she is now turning 5 next month and the second time was in November which unfortunately resulted in a missed miscarriage. I made it to 12 weeks but bub didnt grow past 6-7 weeks. All the best for your scan in 2 days.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Bunnysmum  (23-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @BabyG4 that's encouraging it really could go either way so I'm trying to be positive. In the last few days though I've actually felt like I'm no longer pregnant.... Wondering if that's a bit of women's instinct/intuition....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not necessarily, with my 4 daughters I had absolutely no symptoms. Call it lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    An update on my second scan. No growth and still no heartbeat. They told me I will definitely miscarry. I'm home now with my beautiful partner and two gorgeous dogs taking stock of all the positives in my life. I'll be talking to my GP next week about progressing the miscarriage if it doesn't start to occur naturally soon. Having lost two bubs now it is becoming worrying but hopefully it will be third time lucky for us. There is always hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh damn, I'm so sorry!

I just saw your post and was about to post that I had a similar story. Granted mine was IVF via donor eggs, but we didn't find our bub - absolutely no visual of him/her at all - until our 8 week scan. That scan was to confirm an empty sac so that I could proceed with a D&C...needless to say, that wasn't necessary once we saw bub and the HB on screen.

I was quietly hoping that maybe it was just that your dates were out. Or that your uterus was retroverted, making things hard to see. I am so very sorry for your loss, but I also agree there is always hope xxx