ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @wildrose they said they would but I never heard back and I never followed up. If only I knew then what I knew now, I would have pushed for it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spazzyp For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2017),Wild Rose  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning wise ladies!

I'm so glad I shared this sad/frustated post yesterday after all, because I really needed honest feedbacks from the ladies who went there or are going through the same thing at the moment, and it really helped!

Thank you, thank you soooo much for taking the time to answer me in such a compassionate yet honest way! You have no idea how much I appreciate it!

I think my next move will be to move onto the Greece DE thread which I've been reading, and start the DE process.
    Might do a very last cycle in the meantime in a local cheap clinic, just for closure and because waiting for months doing nothing would drive me nuts!

But yeah, I feel like I'm so physically but mostly mentally drained by IVF... It has been controlling our lives for 18 months in a row now, everything revolves around it, and I feel like I'm not gonna be able to take it for much longer.
    I want our lives back, I want to be an happy person again.
    Really all I want is a normal life.

Thank you again for your support, I definitely feel less lonely thanks to you girls. Our families don't know anything so this thread is all I have <3

xxx

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Applemummy  (25-03-2017),BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2017),Blossom74  (25-03-2017),Charlie74  (25-03-2017),gorgeousgeorge  (25-03-2017),kylie764  (26-03-2017),Minniemin  (26-03-2017),Phia  (25-03-2017),Wild Rose  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LillyM I hear you.... this thing takes over your life, it's all consuming. Physical, emotional, financial... but somehow we push through coz we are warrior women.
    Hugs

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spazzyp For This Useful Post:

Applemummy  (25-03-2017),BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2017),LillyM  (25-03-2017),Minniemin  (26-03-2017),Phia  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Spazzyp we are, aren't we... we all have different stories and heartaches but at the end going through the same emotional endless nightmare.

Here for you my friend xxx

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2017),Phia  (25-03-2017),Spazzyp  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @LillyM - It sounds like you have definately done some thinking it is all so so hard. Sounds like a great plan to do some cheap cycles at a low cost clinic you might just find that lucky egg and in the mean time it gives you some head space, that was actually a consideration for me after this cycle too.

Quote Originally Posted by LillyM View Post
    Morning wise ladies!

But yeah, I feel like I'm so physically but mostly mentally drained by IVF... It has been controlling our lives for 18 months in a row now, everything revolves around it, and I feel like I'm not gonna be able to take it for much longer.
    This so sums up exactly how we all feel going through this hun, huge hugs its so frustrating. I only had one friend I had opened up to in real life and its so hard dealing with it all alone. I hope normal life can resume soon for you x

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2017),LillyM  (25-03-2017),Minniemin  (26-03-2017),Phia  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank @Heyside for your lovely message xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside Visiting my nan was the main reason I went back, and she died not long after my twins... I have plenty of cousins, but nowhere really to stay for a few weeks. And I like to go for a while, it doesn't feel worth it to go for a week or two. We'll see how everything goes, I have no money with the house dramas and the IVF. Hope you have a fantastic trip! It turned out I didn't need a day 2 scan after all, I guess because I'm not on Syneral? Day 12 scan, I have everything crossed my lining is decent, because I don't think they can push me back this time...

Also, I don't want to tease, but my numbers were similar to yours, especially the progesterone...

@Spazzyp I just want to let you know that I am thinking of you every day... It's heartbreaking to have it all come crashing down like that. I hope you are doing okay...

@LillyM It's so hard... I'm glad you have a plan in mind. We are similar ages, so I totally get the way you are feeling. I thought after the twins that the FS was wrong about my eggs, but now I am thinking they were a lucky fluke. And I also only want a normal life again - but I can't stop, I just can't stop, because it won't be the life I want without children.

I just want to say it... ******ers....

Also, pomegranate juice is gross
    Last edited by skeeter; 28-03-2017 at 18:43.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skeeter For This Useful Post:

Applemummy  (25-03-2017),BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2017),Heyside  (25-03-2017),LillyM  (25-03-2017),Minniemin  (26-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @skeeter you've been in my thoughts too. Xo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Spazzyp For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyM View Post
    Morning wise ladies!

I'm so glad I shared this sad/frustated post yesterday after all, because I really needed honest feedbacks from the ladies who went there or are going through the same thing at the moment, and it really helped!

Thank you, thank you soooo much for taking the time to answer me in such a compassionate yet honest way! You have no idea how much I appreciate it!

I think my next move will be to move onto the Greece DE thread which I've been reading, and start the DE process.
    Might do a very last cycle in the meantime in a local cheap clinic, just for closure and because waiting for months doing nothing would drive me nuts!

Thank you again for your support, I definitely feel less lonely thanks to you girls. Our families don't know anything so this thread is all I have <3

xxx
    @LillyM, I retired from this thread late last year along with a few other girls, but I still jump on BH & read along to see how people are travelling, and also because I've been in and out of the Greece DE thread a bit since before Christmas. This post you wrote above prompted me to reply to you, because the words u wrote ring so true for me/us too.

I'm 42, and were just about to give OE IVF one more bash in April, before moving on to DE in Greece.
    We've skyped Dr Nikos at Embryoland twice since Christmas- and I can promise you, if you decide to go with him/Embryoland- that after skyping him just once, you will be so filled with enthusiasm and hope again that you almost won't won't believe it. He is passionate about what he does for his patients & it shows! (he's like a Greek Wazza!).

I was feeling so lost and despondent before we initially spoke to him (& actually I wasn't even initially talking to him about DE.. Long story.. But I was finding out about just doing an OE cycle with him over there). And after 10-15 minutes talking to him it was like I had a new lease on life & that maybe there was actually still a chance that we might get a happy ending.. And my excitement was contagious.. My DP couldn't believe how positive I suddenly was compared to how 'over it' I had been feeling until then.

We've also been on this IVF train for around 2 years.. Which I know isn't nearly as long as some couples have been.. But it's been constant, tiring, and most of it has just been one disappointment after another because I have lining issues. Everything you said about wanting to be happy & getting your lives back is exactly how I feel too.. I'm fed up watching everything I eat, drink, swallowing 20 odd supplements every day, having acupuncture, Chinese herbs, moxibustion, maya massage.. OMG the list goes on... I want it to be over, BUT I'm also not ready to give up. Not by a long shot.

So like you, we're giving it another go here. Then it's off to Greece we go later this year. DE is not something I ever imagined I'd have to do.. And it's a big decision. But I really believe now that the baby who comes to us, will be the baby that was always meant for us.

I hope that making the decision to do DE is the best decision that you'll ever make. There are certainly lots of very happy girls on the Greece thread recently, and their happiness is contagious X

Ps.. Hi to my old thread buddies too X

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Charlie74 For This Useful Post:

Applemummy  (25-03-2017),BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2017),Caesardust  (25-03-2017),gorgeousgeorge  (26-03-2017),Heyside  (26-03-2017),LillyM  (25-03-2017),Minniemin  (26-03-2017),Phia  (25-03-2017),Spazzyp  (25-03-2017),Summer  (25-03-2017),Tinachris  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 of course I remember you from last year!
    Thanks for that long touching message even though you're not too much on the threads those days.

Yes it does sound like we've had similar journeys and were forced to come to the same conclusion. Giving up is out of question for me too, can't even start to begin considering a childless life... so... whatever it takes.

I'm glad Dr Nikos managed to restore your faith in the future! That's good to hear after so many punches in the head... Trust me, I know a lot about a disappointment after another... I've requested a consultation on Skype with him this morning so see how we go. But DP feels like we owe ourselves one or 2 last try with my OE. For him he set the OE deadline at my 40th bday next year. For me I'd like to be pregnant by then! So DE is likely to happen later this year for us as well.

I don't want to annoy the ladies here with DE talk as this thread is not primary what it is about so we shall discuss on the Greece thread whenever you pop up

Thank you again for your message, let's stay in touch xoxo

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Applemummy  (25-03-2017),BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2017),Charlie74  (25-03-2017),Heyside  (25-03-2017)