ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 72 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    My understanding is that he was trained under Dr Alan Beer's methods. @Chiefsgirl knows quite a bit more about that

I *think* Dr Beer/Braverman take a pretty similar approach when it comes to testing for Immune Issues and treating them. There may be one or 2 things they do differently from each other and I know they're both based in different states in the USA as well. Dr Beer is in California and Dr Braverman is in New York.

I'm more familiar with Dr Beer's work than Dr Braverman's so would have to read up a bit more on him to see exactly where the differences were Luv, unless one of the other Lovelies are more familiar with both of them??

ETA- Dr M is also a OBGYN as far as I'm aware Luv so deals with Gynae/Preggo stuff to a certain extent. He does Intrallipids/IVIG infusions/LIT Therapy but doesn't actually deliver babies anymore.

Here's a link to his site explaining a bit further:

https://www.yellowpages.com.au/nsw/b...1-listing.html
    Sorry I don't come in here very often.

Dr M is an obgyn who looks after reproductive immunology. He doesn't do ivf or iui type things.

He is still practicing as an ob actively delivering babies.

Dr Matthias trained under Dr Beer (Is your body baby friendly).

Dr Bravermann is based in the US. He is now affiliated with DrGavin Sacks at IVF Australia. So you can see DrSacks, but get treatment based on Dr Braverman's methods - I think Dr Braverman liaises on cases with Dr Sacks so you don't have to travel to the US for treatment. Dr Sacks would handle immune and IVF/iui type things together.

Before de I used dr Sacks as my IVF dr. He wasn't as aggressive with immune treatment as dr m, but I can't comment on what he is like now he liaises with Dr braverman.

Hope that helps

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-03-2017),Heyside  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @skeeter im glad you were happy xox when you take away the ivf stuff, life is good. Just a shame ivf can obscure this fact. @Heyside hey lovely, im alwats reading along with your stuff but i hardly comment personaly to you ive just noticed, looking back. Im pretty excited about this on track timewise- blasty. And im trying hard not to get too symptom spotty but the spotting with your progesterone so high is interesting. Sigh... so im hoping this is implantation spotting. Its driving me crazy and i wasnt gonna say all what i was thinking coz i figured it would add to your 2ww crazies. P.S. i definitely think you should do some shopping for your uk holiday regardless of this cycles outcome. You must buy new shoes and a new bag for your trip. Birdsnest.com has lots of lovely beautiful things darling.

Afm, ive made appointment with aus fs to ask if he will give me intralipids locally and dexamethosone and just to talk over me de cycles and see what he thinks. Have arranged askype appointment with dr m (these send away to chicago blood tests cost 3k! Wtf! So i may just do the initial ones, see what they indicate then later think about the crazy expensive ones if they are necessary) and im speaking to dr.n tonight about donor embryos and timing for next cycle. Lol, i havent told dh any of this. He's sitting next to me now saying, "are you ok? You've got your thinking face on again." Im just like, "yeah im cool." I feel like im in line to be the next julie malooley or lastchance75. I'll be able to fly business class eventually with all my bazillion frequent flyer points.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-03-2017),Minniemin  (19-03-2017),mummanow  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Sorry I don't come in here very often.

Dr M is an obgyn who looks after reproductive immunology. He doesn't do ivf or iui type things.

He is still practicing as an ob actively delivering babies.

Dr Matthias trained under Dr Beer (Is your body baby friendly).

Dr Bravermann is based in the US. He is now affiliated with DrGavin Sacks at IVF Australia. So you can see DrSacks, but get treatment based on Dr Braverman's methods - I think Dr Braverman liaises on cases with Dr Sacks so you don't have to travel to the US for treatment. Dr Sacks would handle immune and IVF/iui type things together.

Before de I used dr Sacks as my IVF dr. He wasn't as aggressive with immune treatment as dr m, but I can't comment on what he is like now he liaises with Dr braverman.

Hope that helps
    Thanks for clarifying that info for the Girls Luv☺

Hoping all is well with you & bub too ☺xoxo

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (20-03-2017),gorgeousgeorge  (20-03-2017),Heyside  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Applemummy Yes, I am always cold, especially my hands and feet. Before I lost weight I was always hot, but now the opposite. I keep myself pretty warm, I wear a scarf most of the year, electric blanket on the bed (except during 2ww), heat pack and blanket on the couch, and I wear leggings under my pants and 5-6 tops. I even have woolly thermal socks, but only for home because they won't fit in my shoes. I was going to try womb warming last cycle, but I kept forgetting plus the weather was warm.
    @gorgeousgeorge unfortunately much in my life is rubbish, not just IVF. But there is a lot of good stuff too, so I need to focus on that. Love your planning. Yes, the frequent flyer points will be great! I wish I'd thought at the beginning to get a credit card that earns points to pay for IVF, 40 grand could have gotten me a lot of points!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skeeter For This Useful Post:

Applemummy  (19-03-2017),BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-03-2017),Spazzyp  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @skeeter - Yes I miss the 4 seasons of the UK looking forward to when we are over there in a few weeks for a break from the heat.
    @Chiefsgirl - Thanks for that info hun may look into that.
    @gorgeousgeorge - Thanks hun, we will see what tomorrow brings. I like the shopping idea hun will have to decide exactly what I need as want to buy most things over there, a miss a lot of shops from home. I have been buying presents for my nieces and friends kids though which has been nice. Also organised some reunions with girls from uni and school some who I haven't seen in 17 years so I have lots to look forward too after the outcome of this cycle this time 😊. Great you have a good plan in place hun I love your positivity and drive to move forward you inspire me so much, definitely see how initial testing goes and then consider more expensive tests from there xxx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Applemummy  (19-03-2017),BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I am so jealous of your trip I usually go back every two years but don't know if I will again. I especially love all the shops and bought some lovely kids stuff last time.

Well, this cycle is going well so far - called the clinic today to report day 1 and no-one ever called me back. I didn't want to be impatient so by the time I called again they were closed. So annoying because I usually have a day 2 scan, and I leave for the clinic an hour and a half before it opens...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to skeeter For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't been back in 5 years @skeeter so its long overdue even though we can't afford it due to IVF. We need to take DD back she needs to see family and experience life over there at least for a short time. So you wont go back again? Yes miss shopping its a whole different ball game and have an excuse as have no suitable clothes for the weather at all 😂.

Wow is your clinic open Sunday hun, don't worry it wont make too much difference if you have your scan a day late that's usual gor me now and there is a degree of leeway to start meds. Hope all gets sorted tomorrow xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Heyside Good Luck POAS this morn Luv!!!! xoxo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Heyside Good Luck POAS this morn Luv!!!! xoxo
    @Heyside ditto xox

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews