ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalls View Post
    I have noticed others have commented on my supercare stuff thanks I hope it's sorted soon.

House move finished and got bond back from last place BIB. Just my back is stuffed lol. Got into a good physio and will be joining tai chi classes and seeing about the possibility of doing yoga later when back better fully.

I saw a good study about lining and success rates in IVF will see if I can find it for you flower78
    Thank-God that moves over and done with Luv!! It sounded like it was absolute Hell for you!! Glad to hear you got your bond back too. Some RE's can be really tough!!

Yeah, I bet your back is frucked Luv!! Am sure the Physio will sort it out for you in no time at all

The Tai Chi classes sound good as does the Yoga I would love to do Yoga again myself as it's been years and years since I last did it and I really enjoyed it when I did. Maybe one day soon

Hope your back is feeling better soonxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Flower78 - I think you definitely need to discuss your lining issues with your fs, its not good she didn't get back to you. Its good you are feeling hopeful with DP going ahead with a cycle. Yes hun I am so upset of the cost it is crazy!
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - Thanks hun yes I am really really hoping the teacher will organise herself better from here on and things will improve, I know its a difficult job and there is a lot to organise first day. The good thing is DD came out very happy this afternoon which is the main thing. Yes the anesthetist fees are ridiculous apparently Wazzas fees are only cheaper due to the discount from medicare which isn't true Wazzas initial fees without any medicare rebate is cheaper - what a joke!! Just not the best time we are scraping around for money as it is 😔. Seems you are hoing through a rough time money wise too, not good you have to pay the reconnection fee due to DH transfering it, that sux. We all need to become anesthetists and charge $800 an hour we will be raking it in.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside that amount seems excessive. Can you ring Wazza's rooms and see if he uses a few anaesthetists? Just see if you can get another quote. This one may be charging an accurate price or he may be well above the recommended price (can't think of what it is called but I am sure you know what I am referring to)

If not, is it to late for you to take up tennis? I was watching the tennis the other night and the winner gets over 3 million but even losing in the first round gets you 50k.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wild Rose For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2017),Heyside  (25-01-2017),MysticFalls  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40's #44

@Heyside is that before or after Medicare rebate? Sadly anaesthetists seem to charge what they want. Where I work you could have 2 doing the exact same operation and charge wildly different prices.

Feel free to PM me who it is and I can at least tell you if they normally charge excessively and if they are worth it.

If you don't need your surgery on that day could you ask about the day either side? $850 for a short procedure that is pretty straight forward(no arterial lines, central line, blood gases, healthy patient, no follow up) seems excessive.

ETA: oops I'm thought this was the Wazza thread. Sorry ladies I might be turning 30 next week but I'm still a bit young to play in here .

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2017),Minniemin  (25-01-2017),MysticFalls  (25-01-2017),Wild Rose  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey ladies i just thought i would update you all. My sch is still large and hasnt shrunk at all grrr im very high risk but wazza seemed more positive yesterday. my one little jellybean hb is still going. Yay I'm still taking it a day at a time. still on strict bed rest so no work for me oh and no money lucky dh can do some overtime otherwise we would be really bad. May have to put the mortgage on hold or something else soon though cause between the meds etc we are burning through the $$$ at the moment.

I cant remember who was asking about the supp for embryo energy but i think its coq10 but make sure you get the right one as although they are labeled similar once over 35 theres only one our bodies can convert and use.

I agree i dont think science knows all yet. I also know that there are just so many empty arms and thats just not fair so im sending you all lots of luck and sticky baby vibes.

Hi ladies

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2017),Deskar  (25-01-2017),Minniemin  (25-01-2017),MysticFalls  (25-01-2017),Phia  (26-01-2017),Power child  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a similar anesthetist shock with my last scratch procedure. I rang wazzas offices and asked if there was availability on another day and said straight out I was shocked with gap payment. If they can move you.. You may have a chance of a cheaper one. I have had out of pockets of between $50 and $450 for same procedure. Good luck. Estimates were for a 30min scratch & lipoidal flush.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wild Rose - I am considering doing just that hun it might mean changing my op day though so not sure its possible but worth asking about. DH says we shoukd leave it as hes obviously an anesthetist who wazza works closely with but I have never paid anywhere near that in the past its fustrating especially as we just dont have the money. Would love it if tennis was the answer hun but you haven't seenme play haha 🎾.

Thanks @mummymaybe I pm'd you hunxx
    @infinity888 - Sorry that your sch is still large hun but you have a fighter on your hands there, great news that you little one is still going strong with a lovely heart beat. Keep resting it will be worth it xx
    @kylie764 - Did warrend room do anything for you hun when you said how shocked you were with the cost? Maybe its the same anesthetist? I sm in for the scratch and lipodal flush too but also the lap and drilling which makes it an hrs operation so apparently thats why it is so much 😔.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!

So after a well-needed massive break away from the the IVF world, I'm back and ready to start my 7th cycle in total, but very 1st one with Charlotte.

I'm starting tomorrow with Synarel-Trental-Progynova and have no idea what to expect side effects-wise. Not sure if I should know? lol

Nah yeah I'd like to know so if you have any experience/tips/funny stories or anything at all, I'd be glad to hear them!

I've been reading the last pages to try and see where everyone is at - not easy as this thread is still moving super fast!

I'm so sorry @skeeter for what happened.

I wish everyone the best wherever they are in their journey!

xxx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2017),Minniemin  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back @LillyM hope you feel relaxed and refreshed after your break hun.
    Hope this cycle goes well, as for side effects from those drugs the synarel can sometimes make me very short tempered I warn DH he just has to put up with me lol! Apart from that I cope pretty well hopefully it will be the same for you. Good luck hun xx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2017),LillyM  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back LillyM,

Syneral made me extremely truthful even if it hurt the feelings of others. Hubby just laughed through it. Which made me cranky.

BIB my back is better still strapped but it was my first whole day and night without pain killers so Im on the mend.

Well just spoke to the lady at Supercare so the ball is rolling. Hopefully in my favour and not over the top of me. donk.

mysticfalls

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2017),LillyM  (25-01-2017),Minniemin  (25-01-2017)